Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #101
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Apr 7th - 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
We are finally starting to get a routine in the eat/sleep cycle. So yayayay!!!!

I decided to try on my-one-size bigger jeans, they fit......a tad tight, but doable. Im just glad im not starting in sz 18s like the last two babies but this means the 18 bridesmaid dress will need serious alterations!!!

On my way to bible study for the first time since ben was born ....hes two weeks old tomorrow

Im all about comfort too, i love my wayyy tooo big yoga pants!
for all of that!!! Well, except the dress thing - wasn't it you that they said you HAD to get it then and couldn't possibly wait until pp to get it sized and whatnot?!

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #102
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah, the gentian violet episode was funny, even when we were dealing with it. There was nothing to do but laugh.

I'm packing some yoga pants and a couple smaller maternity shirts to come home in. I just checked the weather, and it's supposed to be in the 80s starting in the next couple of days...up to 86 on one of they days! So maybe I need shorts and a t-shirt.

Yay for getting into cycles with the new babies! Looking forward to see who's next.

AFM: I have an appointment today...it will be my last one. I had contractions last night that were 3-5 minutes apart, but I decided to go to bed in hopes they would go away so the girls wouldn't have to go to the hospital with us in the middle of the night. The contractions did go away.

I need to get my fingerprints done today for a teacher license renewal, and when filling out the form, I asked DH what weight I'm supposed to put down. He said the weight I am right now...that's 50 lbs over what I usually am, and the highest I've ever been. I told him maybe I should wait until after baby is born so I can put a lighter weight down.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #103
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Side lying nursing is definitely a skill worth learning!! Saved my sanity with DD2 who comfort nursed ALL NIGHT LONG for the 1st 3 months!!!! Alie unlatches and uses my boob as a pillow. Yeah, once the milk comes in usually the suckling goes down, but if you think of how much they're growing no wonder they're hungry! Also all my babies occasionally wanted to suckle to help themselves poop/pass gas too
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #104
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

for all of that!!! Well, except the dress thing - wasn't it you that they said you HAD to get it then and couldn't possibly wait until pp to get it sized and whatnot?!
Yes, it was me bc my bride was super worried that if i waited it wouldnt arrive on time bc they est 3 month wait. :/
Old 04-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #105
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

Trying to stay up to date on the chat thread but failing

Sounds like I'm not the only one frustrated with contractions that amount to nothing. I'm still having them and they've been increasing in frequency over the past two days but not really turning into anything. I wish they would keep going and turn into the real thing! I am SO ready to meet this little girl! My next OB visit is this Thursday. I have to start NSTs then and I'm sure they'll try to get me scheduled to induce. OB said they won't let me go over 41 and a half weeks. I know I'm only one day over but I'm getting super bummed and beginning to think that I'll have to be induced and won't get to labor like I want I'm really hoping for a water birth and no interventions!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #106
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Side lying nursing is definitely a skill worth learning!! Saved my sanity with DD2 who comfort nursed ALL NIGHT LONG for the 1st 3 months!!!! Alie unlatches and uses my boob as a pillow. Yeah, once the milk comes in usually the suckling goes down, but if you think of how much they're growing no wonder they're hungry! Also all my babies occasionally wanted to suckle to help themselves poop/pass gas too
Yes, it is totally worth learning! Unfortunately I couldn't do it with DD1. Every time we tried, she would projectile vomit a half hour later. And she was the one that I really needed to be able to do it with because she was up every 45 minutes for the first 6+ months. I had to sit up to nurse her every time. Once she hit about a year old, I was able to nurse her when lying on my side. It was great with DD2 though.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #107
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
AFM: I have an appointment today...it will be my last one. I had contractions last night that were 3-5 minutes apart, but I decided to go to bed in hopes they would go away so the girls wouldn't have to go to the hospital with us in the middle of the night. The contractions did go away.

I need to get my fingerprints done today for a teacher license renewal, and when filling out the form, I asked DH what weight I'm supposed to put down. He said the weight I am right now...that's 50 lbs over what I usually am, and the highest I've ever been. I told him maybe I should wait until after baby is born so I can put a lighter weight down.
Hope your appt went well, and I'd put down my average not-pregnant weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Side lying nursing is definitely a skill worth learning!! Saved my sanity with DD2 who comfort nursed ALL NIGHT LONG for the 1st 3 months!!!!
DS1 was like that, wanting to nurse all night long. Sleeping while he nursed was a life-saver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Yes, it was me bc my bride was super worried that if i waited it wouldnt arrive on time bc they est 3 month wait. :/
That's really silly. Oy. Hope they can get adjustments and whatnot done in time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Momma View Post
Sounds like I'm not the only one frustrated with contractions that amount to nothing. I'm still having them and they've been increasing in frequency over the past two days but not really turning into anything. I wish they would keep going and turn into the real thing! I am SO ready to meet this little girl! My next OB visit is this Thursday. I have to start NSTs then and I'm sure they'll try to get me scheduled to induce. OB said they won't let me go over 41 and a half weeks. I know I'm only one day over but I'm getting super bummed and beginning to think that I'll have to be induced and won't get to labor like I want I'm really hoping for a water birth and no interventions!
I'm with you on the contractions, definitely. I really think something may just be happening in there for me, but I don't want to be checked (declined today at my appt) because it's really useless knowledge! But it does make me wonder if Hiccup honestly is waiting for Ruthie's room to be done, lol.

more I know how you're feeling about being over and feeling discouraged. I had so many days feeling like that waiting for Levi, really basically every day past 39 weeks I worried and fretted over the "what if's".
I'm excited to meet Hiccup, and can't wait to really truly be in labor for real (strange that I'm almost looking forward to labor?!), but I'm also okay with waiting - impatient to meet him, but not worrying about how it'll turn out. It will, and it's really out of my control.

If they start talking induction, I'd set the induction date for when you hit 42 weeks - that's what we'll plan on, again, this time. If they're all ready okay with going to 41 and a half weeks, 42 weeks is only another 2-3 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
Yes, it is totally worth learning! Unfortunately I couldn't do it with DD1. Every time we tried, she would projectile vomit a half hour later.
Oddly, DS1 had reflux quite bad but was okay nursing side lying in the nights. Thinking back, I do remember always having blankets or prefolds under his head for catching the puke, but we just dealt with it, lol. Him and I sleeping were more important, even if he was puking after eating.
(man, I hate reflux.)

AFM: Appt went fine today - didn't see my own OB as he's away, but the other OB was nice. I declined a check, told him it just causes more stress than it's worth - progress could mean something or nothing, no progress could mean something... or nothing! Useless, really.
I did have to wait for my appt, and then the lab was really busy (over an hour wait) so I didn't get my labwork done. I need to call the small town hospital close to home (10 mins away) and see how their lab works and just do it there, maybe tomorrow.

Other than that, just waiting still FIL is supposed to come tonight when DH gets home from work and they're going to do the floor - I have no idea if they'll get it all done tonight (though I hope so!) and I have no idea if you have to let laminate "sit" for any time before moving stuff into the room??? But hopefully we'll get to moving DD down there tomorrow and have all the rooms rearranged and done by the weekend
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #108
SarahBk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010 View Post
What do you all wear home from the hospital?
I wore a flowy maxi dress, flip flops and a cardigan. I was not about to mess with pants :P
SarahBk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #109
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBk View Post

I wore a flowy maxi dress, flip flops and a cardigan. I was not about to mess with pants :P
Sounds like my summer wardrobe

Got my hair cut and i feel like a new woman!!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #110
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBk View Post
Oh, I wish! It's still frigid here. No pants is not an option! I will be wearing comfy stretchy pants and a nice top. Nothing fancy, but not too frumpy either

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote