Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #111
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Apr 7th - 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBk View Post
I wore a flowy maxi dress, flip flops and a cardigan. I was not about to mess with pants :P
Umm... would love to (if I could ever find a dress that wasn't yards too long for me!
But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
Oh, I wish! It's still frigid here. No pants is not an option! I will be wearing comfy stretchy pants and a nice top. Nothing fancy, but not too frumpy either
Seriously. Not weather for the dresses... or flip flops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Got my hair cut and i feel like a new woman!!
That's awesome! I keep thinking about getting mine cut again... but then I don't... cuz I'm too cheap.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #112
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
My cut cost $10 & i tipped 50% so $15
Old 04-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #113
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

So I totally went for ghetto white mom today and we don't live in the ghetto lol. We have a fairly secluded backyard for the suburbs, and I had pulled DS's 3 foot kiddie pool out of the garage since it was around 80 today (!!!!!)

My feet were swollen from doing stuff, so I pulled up a chair and sat my feet in his pool for awhile. It felt great DS was jn and out o his pool, sandbox, and swing set. About a half hr after taking my feet out of the pool, DS came up and asked to go inside for a bubble bath. This was odd because usually you have to drag him in...I get him in and realize he's pooped in his swim diaper!! The trunk kind with mesh, not like disposable where you might notice. He has never pooped in his swim diaper!

So on the upside, the diaper held. On the downside, I am left wondering if I was soaking in fecal tainted water. Lol so gross!

Edited, forgot to add - Iwas wearing a non maternity tank top so I was really looking sporty. Thankfully DH is working!

Last edited by Mom2Connor; 04-09-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #114
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well I think I have that subpubis thing. It hurts so badly to walk or lift my legs or rotate them. I have an appointment tomorrow but goggle says to just rest and not cross my legs.
My gma ended up in the ICU overnight, long story but she had cardiac arrest and should be fine but I came to the city today to see her. Then my mom took me for a pedicure everyone just keeps asking, how much longer?!? I'm not even due for 2 weeks!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #115
SarahBk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
Oh, I wish! It's still frigid here. No pants is not an option! I will be wearing comfy stretchy pants and a nice top. Nothing fancy, but not too frumpy either
Hahaha yes, we are in Georgia, it's 85 now and was like 70 the day we left the hospital. I miss snow and cold wintry days however.
SarahBk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #116
SarahBk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Umm... would love to (if I could ever find a dress that wasn't yards too long for me!
But...

This was my first ever! I'm short (5'2ish) and most swallow me, I found this one at Kmart and tried it on on a whim, and it was perfect! I was so excited!
SarahBk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #117
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
My cut cost $10 & i tipped 50% so $15
WHERE?!?!??! Anyplace I go it's gonna be $30+ for the cut, then I gotta tip too. Blech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
So I totally went for ghetto white mom today and we don't live in the ghetto lol. We have a fairly secluded backyard for the suburbs, and I had pulled DS's 3 foot kiddie pool out of the garage since it was around 80 today
Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Well I think I have that subpubis thing. It hurts so badly to walk or lift my legs or rotate them. I have an appointment tomorrow but goggle says to just rest and not cross my legs.
My gma ended up in the ICU overnight, long story but she had cardiac arrest and should be fine but I came to the city today to see her. Then my mom took me for a pedicure everyone just keeps asking, how much longer?!? I'm not even due for 2 weeks!
Ouch. Pelvic/hip stuff hurts.
Sorry about your grandma - I'm so glad she's doing well.

I'm okay with people asking me how much longer at this point - 5 more days seems better to say and get sympathy looks for rather than saying weeks and weeks and hearing "no way"!

Quote:
Hahaha yes, we are in Georgia, it's 85 now and was like 70 the day we left the hospital. I miss snow and cold wintry days however.
Oh hush you!

Quote:
This was my first ever! I'm short (5'2ish) and most swallow me, I found this one at Kmart and tried it on on a whim, and it was perfect! I was so excited!
Ugh, that's exactly it. I'm only 5' tall, so everything that would be great for a normal height woman is... well, not so great for me! Does target carry stuff like that? We're getting one in town, supposed to be opening soon, so
Old 04-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #118
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Love the image of preggo mom in short tank with feet on the baby pool. Lol

I think he succeeded in getting my milk in. Maybe not completely, but they're tingly. And we're home. And latching is happening pretty consistently. Still preceded by lots of screaming and frustration, but atleast the end of the majority of attempts is a latch.

Excited to hear the rest of the birth stories!!

Oh, I wore maternity pants home. It's cold here.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #119
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

EMILY - that new avi pic!!!!! How's she doing with baby Luke?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #120
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I've been wearing my maternity pants out of the house. So much better than depressing attempts to squeeze into pre preggo pants or going shopping
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote