Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #191
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

My 2 1/2 yr old DS is driving me NuTS today!!! so glad he's taking a nap currently. I hope it's a mice, long, all afternoon kind of nap.

Advertisement

Old 04-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #192
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Apr 7th - 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Had Alies 2 week checkup. She is up from 6 lbs 9 oz to 7 lbs 10.5 oz!!! My ped was impressed, said she thinks its the biggest gain she's seen. Don't think we'll continue to have weight issues...
that's awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
DH stopped by an outlet after getting the form and bought preemie clothes. Lol. I felt so bad telling him that they were too small. He was so excited. But I was like 'it says 'up to 5lbs''. He was like 'I know, but he's tiny'. Silly man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Momma View Post
Elena-You're moving stuff...does this mean renovations are done?!? Exciting!

AFM: I had my 40 week appt today with midwife. I'm dilated to 4 and 75% effaced. NST was fine, good heartrate and movement. However, my blood pressure is up again and, after much discussion, no one feels comfortable letting me go past 41 weeks.
Flooring got finished last night! We still need to put up her light (doing it after moving stuff in, just in case it got bumped), put her door back on (same thing with moving stuff in!). And we need to put the baseboards on, but we'll get that done likely in the summer - it's not a huge need, kwim? Her closet organizer is in the store as of this morning, so we'll have to pick that up and put it in too. For now she'll just use the closet in the spare room/office.
I've got a bunch of stuff (clothes) moved and sorted through her bookcase for what's staying up here in the boys' room and what's going down with her. When DH gets home we'll actually get to start moving the furniture - it's too heavy for me, and I don't wanna deal with stairs on my own!

for that progress - but about your bp. Boo. I'll keep that the sweep kicks things into gear for you.

Quote:
Luke is nursing again. Just like he was 15 minutes ago. I keep changing boobs, but I'm worried he's only getting foremilk. Maybe keep him on the same one if nursing only lasts 15-20 minutes?
When I nurse my babies, I don't watch the clock at all. I latch them on one side (whichever we didn't start on last feed) and let them nurse until they pop off on their own (now I'm picturing a leech... ick!). I see if they need to burp, then offer the other side - sometimes they latch on and nurse longer, sometimes they don't. But I don't just switch because it's been 'x' minutes on one side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
How many of our mamas are affected by the snow storm?

And yay for renos being done, Elena! Bring on the baby! I have to admit that I'm slightly jealous. I'm getting so tired of people asking me questions and feeling sorry for me. Yes, I'm tired, grumpy, and feel like I'm overdue (I'm actually due tomorrow), but all the attention gets old real quick!
We haven't had more snow since the other day here... but they're still calling for a TON on Sunday

I know it! I actually thought maybe you had had baby - I didn't see you yesterday? Yeah, I don't like the comments either. But staying at home at least cuts down on them, lol. Still getting "I can't wait!" and "WHEN is the baby going to be born?" from the kids - but, hey, I understand their excitement!

AFM: I thought everything stopped there, but after an hour or so of nothing I started getting more cramping and then more show - so something is definitely happening! It could be days still, but it's hopeful anyways!
I didn't have this with any of the babies except DS3, and once it started I was holding him 2 days later - I'd take that!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #193
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Elena, so glad the floor is done. Levi is just too cute about his room. Hope the excitement continues!

Quote:

I've decided that getting through engorgement is sorta like transition. It's so easy to say 'this sucks, let's switch to formula'. But not gonna. And hoping that no clogs or anything come from it.
Seriously! I kept telling myself that drying up would hurt worse. No idea if that's true since ds1 weaned slowly but the thought of drying up kept me nursing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Thank you everyone. I am home now. I had one constant contraction can't time it bc it doesn't go away. It settles down when laying down though. I am 2 cm and everything is in position but drs do not want to do anything to induce bc I am still considered a vbac even though dd is a vbac. They want everything as natural as possible. So they just monitored my uterus and baby at the same time and they said everything looks great
Glad everything is OK. Maybe this crazy weather we are gonna get will help get things started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post

I don't even have one of those. I have the BS "certificate" with her footprints, which I know isn't going to hold up with insurance.
!
I would try that, honestly. That's what they gave us with ds1 until we could get him in deers. Is it an on base pharmacy?

Surprisingly we have had no trouble with tricare/deers. When they asked for his insurance I just said to file under dh as prime. Since we were away from an mtf They were probably so unfamiliar with tricare that they didn't know to ask for proof of birth or something.

Quote:

Luke is nursing again. Just like he was 15 minutes ago. I keep changing boobs, but I'm worried he's only getting foremilk. Maybe keep him on the same one if nursing only lasts 15-20 minutes?

The boobs need gauges on them. I know I'm not the first to think so.
You are not the only one who has wished for thst! DS1 was bottle fed for a lot of his infancy so it was easy to track. I keep telling myself that volume isn't as important with breast milk because it doesn't always have the same ingredients or calories. Its make up changes hourly and they may need more or less, but only they know how much they need. Still I wish it had a gauge.

So I took Nate to his new ped on base for a rash (worst case of infant acne ever). He wants to do a well baby check on him tomorrow. So that ruins our zoo plans. DS1 is going to be seriously disappointed. Odd part of the appt was Nate's weight. He is 7#9oz, up from 6#8 a week ago. A pound in a week! Dh thinks the scale must be off. Guess I will ask tomorrow...

Eta: so many typos and bad grammar... sorry!

Last edited by RunawayBunny; 04-11-2013 at 02:24 PM.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #194
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Yay for gainers!!!

I made it to sams club with all three kids and survived!! Spent more $$ than normal, but got food that will last several weeks hoping dh doesnt flip
Old 04-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #195
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Meg I am thinking we will be under tornado warning when my water breaks!! I hope it is not as bad as everyone is predicting

Afm just tired and starting to get antsy about baby but still trying to keep a level head ESP during my looooong contractions.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #196
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Lotsa babies gaining a whole pound - that's great!!

Well, the DEERS people would not take the live birth form and sent him to get a very particular memo form that the only person at our birth hospital who can do that isn't available until Monday. Long story short.... now we think it's done. But DH has been running around like crazy trying to get things set up.

Wild goose chase. Ugh.

Should not have to deal with this when you're only following their referral procedures anyways.

Well, I heard babies nurse all day long. So I guess it's normal. Pretty much every 20 minutes. So it's like 'feed, pop off, change diaper, feed other side' rinse, repeat. Back when I had Magnolia, they made it sound like you'd have time to pump between feedings. I think that's yet another contributor to why things didn't work with her. Confusion. They should just tell new nursing moms: your job will be to nurse. All day. Mooo! And then no one will worry about supply, they will just know 'okay, this is how this works'.

We are getting better at latching without full on screaming fests though yay!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #197
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Argh. Well DH tried to turn my van around and got stuck, his Uncle came to try and help get our driveway cleared out(.5 mile long) but it's hard because the ground is muddy. So everything sinks. They got my van out, then the ruck got stuck. What a mess. Farm living is really not for the faint of heart. I cannot go into labor until this is all cleaned out, and at this point I really hope they declare a snow day again tomorrow because I'm not sure I'll make it to work.
My midwife has been suggesting I start my maternity leave sooner then later, so I'm not exhausted and stressed out. And I'm starting to agree.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #198
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I keep telling myself that volume isn't as important with breast milk because it doesn't always have the same ingredients or calories. Its make up changes hourly and they may need more or less, but only they know how much they need. Still I wish it had a gauge.

So I took Nate to his new ped on base for a rash (worst case of infant acne ever). He wants to do a well baby check on him tomorrow. So that ruins our zoo plans. DS1 is going to be seriously disappointed. Odd part of the appt was Nate's weight. He is 7#9oz, up from 6#8 a week ago. A pound in a week! Dh thinks the scale must be off. Guess I will ask tomorrow.
Ya know, that's the one thing I didn't ever worry about with nursing - as long as baby is content and gaining weight, it really doesn't matter how much breastmilk he's actually taking in.

Shucks about the zoo - can you not do both though? I'd probably do the zoo tomorrow and the appt on Saturday if possible, or Monday if not.
for weight gain - even if the scale is off a bit, he's still gaining!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Meg I am thinking we will be under tornado warning when my water breaks!! I hope it is not as bad as everyone is predicting
OMGosh, I sure hope that weather doesn't come for you guys!

Quote:
Well, I heard babies nurse all day long. So I guess it's normal. Pretty much every 20 minutes. So it's like 'feed, pop off, change diaper, feed other side' rinse, repeat. Back when I had Magnolia, they made it sound like you'd have time to pump between feedings. I think that's yet another contributor to why things didn't work with her. Confusion. They should just tell new nursing moms: your job will be to nurse. All day. Mooo! And then no one will worry about supply, they will just know 'okay, this is how this works'.
Yes, I agree. The first days, even the first week or 2 with some babies, all mom does is nursenursenurse - and that's perfect! I have actually heard from a lot of LCs and books that that's what to expect in the first little bit, I hope others start telling mamas the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Argh. Well DH tried to turn my van around and got stuck, his Uncle came to try and help get our driveway cleared out(.5 mile long) but it's hard because the ground is muddy. So everything sinks. They got my van out, then the ruck got stuck. What a mess. Farm living is really not for the faint of heart. I cannot go into labor until this is all cleaned out, and at this point I really hope they declare a snow day again tomorrow because I'm not sure I'll make it to work.
My midwife has been suggesting I start my maternity leave sooner then later, so I'm not exhausted and stressed out. And I'm starting to agree.
Oh dear! What a mess! baby waits for things to clear up/unstick a bit!
Mat leave may not be the worst idea at this point, with the weather and whatnot the way it has been.

AFM: I've had contractions for 1.5hrs now, but only 15-20mins apart. They're definite good contractions, though. so
Maybe Hiccup is still trying to wait for things to be done, but telling us to hurry the heck up!

DH just drove in, so we'll get moving things now!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #199
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do not look forward to the first weeks of nursing! For what it's worth, I have never nursed a baby more than every 1 1/2 to 2 hours from the very beginning, and I have had awesome supply, great fatty milk, and my babies generally do not lose weight at all.

Hoping the weather holds for those of you that need it too!

And woohoo Elena! I can't wait to hear your good news, when the time comes!

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #200
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and AFM, I am currently drinking some RRL tea, goos and strong. I also add nettle for iron, and peppermint for taste. I think I will be chugging this stuff for the next while, til baby finally comes!

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote