Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #11
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the love of reading ARPIL thread

There is a book swap going on here on DS. In the swap area.

Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #12
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I read after my kids go to bed at 8 and then go to sleep at about 10 but not every night.

Last month I read The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End. I struggled through the first 10% of each of them but then ended up loving them. I preferred World Without End and will probably even re-read that one. Now I'm reading Here Be Dragons but I'm also not enjoying it yet and am hoping it will start getting more interesting for me.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #13
Dawndelion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemama View Post
When do you all read?
My kids are a bit older so I do a lot of reading while waiting for them: in the pick up line after school, during gymnastics lessons, waiting for soccer games to start, etc. I have always been a crazy reader though, I've been known to read while blow drying my hair!

Now, I'm off to see how I can check out this book swap...
Dawndelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #14
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawndelion View Post
I'm all about the paranormal lately. Two authors that I like had books out in the last month or so, and I just got to read them last week. Jeanienne Frost's Twice Tempted, and Lynsay Sands Immortal Ever After.

I started Elizabeth Hunter's Elemental Mysteries Series on Saturday, and I finished the first two books in two days. I just downloaded the third to start today.

I've also read the first ones in H.P. Mallory's Jolie Wilkins series and Dulcie O'Neill series. Amazon is getting me hooked on stuff with the free first book thing. I will probably read more of both of those.

On a slightly less paranormal vein, I also recently finished What Darkness Brings by C.S. Harris.

And I've been listening to the Outlander books on Audible. I've read them all before, but I had a free Audible credit and decided to use it on the first one. Now I have finished the first two and have to wait nine days for my next credit to get Voyager. I've never really listened to audio books before, I didn't think I'd like it, but I've enjoyed listening to these and its nice background noise while I am getting work down around the house.
That is funny, I read the Lyndsay Sands, am waiting for the Frost from the library and I am reading book 2 of the elemental series on my kindle!

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #15
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I finished my book last night. I am kind of sad that I only have one book left in this series.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ok, I just finished Ahab's Wife. Great read. I have to admit, I never read Moby Duck so I can't tell you how well it ties in, like if Ahab ever mentions a wife. But if he did, this is she. Its her story about her life growing up, how she meet Ahab at sea, how they got married and had kids, etc. But it's all told through her perspective. She's a very complex, intellectual, and intuitive character. Her marriage to Ahab, while important and paramount to the story, doesn't consume much of the book, since he is away at sea, or it happens before they meet. Its just a really interesting read! I didn't realize until I finished the book that the author is from my hometown and teaches at one of the universities there!
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #17
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi! I'd love to join!
I've been reading a bit lately, since I discovered the library again
This week I read The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, (Good enough, easy read) Peter and the startcatchers by Barry something (also good, I'd read the series if the library has em. It's an easy read) The Constant Princess by Phillippa Greggory (Great book, I love the historic stuff. I found it interesting because I disliked her so much in the other Boleyn sister but loved her in this one), and Still Alice by Lisa Genova (kinda of depressing, not my favorite).

I read pretty much everything. We're off to the library today for storytime in a bit so I'll come back and post with my new finds
Old 04-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #18
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am not sure what I want to read when I am done with my book. I have a ton of books in the front porch that I bought and have not touched. I might just close my eyes and grab one lol.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #19
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Haha Whitney that's the worst

I got Zoo by James Patterson, read that yesterday. I suck at summaries, but I liked it enough I think I'll try his others. It was about animals going crazy all around the world, basically. He doesn't write so well that I get attached to the characters ( at least in this one), but it's a solid storyline with a non-ending.

Now I'll start Reckless, by Cornelia Funke. I say that I read these so when my kids are old enough I know they are appropriate or whatever, but I totally have a guilty pleasure for YA lit.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #20
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Finished the last book in the series I was reading. They were really good books!

I am going to pick something new tonight.