Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #31
Dory's Avatar
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,900
It's a thing you can use, like a website to my knowledge, that hides/disguises/ changes your IP. I've never used one, but I think you go to it then put in the URL of where you want to go. Some even allow you to pick where you're "from." Mine probably shows up as using a droid on 4g in tn or KY, or my iPad. But if I understand correctly, a proxy could say I'm in the Bahamas. Wish!

Advertisement

__________________
I'm Incredible.
Mom to a girl - 6, a boy - 4, and Baby - 2
Dory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #32
BeccaSueCongdon's Avatar
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,621
Ok. I could see someone using a proxy all the time if they were super paranoid about "big brother" being out to get them.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #33
2+2macht4's Avatar
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Posts: 15,567
Re: Being Banned?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory View Post
It's a thing you can use, like a website to my knowledge, that hides/disguises/ changes your IP. I've never used one, but I think you go to it then put in the URL of where you want to go. Some even allow you to pick where you're "from." Mine probably shows up as using a droid on 4g in tn or KY, or my iPad. But if I understand correctly, a proxy could say I'm in the Bahamas. Wish!
Well I use one often. Not to access diaperswappers but many us sites ban foreign ips so I us a us proxy. I also multitask so if I am watching something I am likely popping on ds.

Some people use them to download and I think hackers use fancy versions. But I am not a hacker lol I just <3 netflix
__________________
Rena , Married to my German BFF T . Mom to 2 energizer bunnies L (12/2010) and E (10/2012). Come play with me: ISO/IHA, M2M,
2+2macht4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #34
2+2macht4's Avatar
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Posts: 15,567
Re: Being Banned?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
Ok. I could see someone using a proxy all the time if they were super paranoid about "big brother" being out to get them.
This is true many paid proxies promote themselves as providing internet anynomity
__________________
Rena , Married to my German BFF T . Mom to 2 energizer bunnies L (12/2010) and E (10/2012). Come play with me: ISO/IHA, M2M,
2+2macht4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #35
hilaryisinked's Avatar
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 26,236
Re: Being Banned?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
you absolutely can be banned, but as Erica said, you can't keep doing it. So if you request a ban, and then come back, that's prob it unless there are special circumstances. And it's not the IP address that they ban (although they CAN do that too to keep people from creating multiple accounts). They just ban your user name and it prevents you from logging in.
I didn't know that.
__________________
Hilary, head over heels wifey of a Coastie
Mama of Aubrey & Delaney
.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #36
~happy2Bamommy~'s Avatar
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 22,726
My Mood:
Re: Being Banned?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2macht4 View Post
Well I use one often. Not to access diaperswappers but many us sites ban foreign ips so I us a us proxy. I also multitask so if I am watching something I am likely popping on ds.

Some people use them to download and I think hackers use fancy versions. But I am not a hacker lol I just <3 netflix

You changed your user name!

It suites you
__________________
For a sure-fire humdinger of a thread start one on:The Duggars,Government Assistance, Politics, Crickets,
Religion,Circumcision, Infant Ear Piercing,Spanking,Breast Milk vs Formula,Feeding kids Fast Food
/ Beans & Rice, Sniffing Butt, or Vaccinating.


Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 04-10-2013 at 08:18 AM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.