Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Did you do cloth in the hospital?

If so, what did you bring?

Advertisement

todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
Xanders
Registered Users
seller

Probably 3/4 of my diapers (with family washing them) & a few hanging wet bags to hang off the bassinet.
Xanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just a side note, have you talked to the hospital about their policy? Some are really hardcore against cloth and it is good to find out if you'll be met with resistance sooner rather than later.

I didn't cloth in hospital sho I'm not help... Lol
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #4
klevmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Did you do cloth in the hospital?

I did cloth in the hospital with my last baby. I brought 24 flour sack towels, a snappi, and two bags to store them in (one clean, one dirty). Personally, I wouldn't want to bring "nice" dipes to the hospital, for fear of losing or forgetting one or something. I might bring maybe two, one for pictures and one for going home, but definitely not my whole stash (if I had such a stash, which I don't :-)). I wasn't in the least bit worried about losing a FST :-)

My hospital was great about cloth. So was the hospital I had my 4th baby at (though I didn't use cloth in that hospital, but I checked and they had no problems with it).

One of the nurses, though, did ask me if I knew when her diapers were wet. I was like, "Um, yes." She then asked how I knew. I was like, "It's cotton. It feels wet." Then she said, "Oh, I see. I can never tell when the diapers are wet except for the yellow line turning green, so I just wasn't sure how it worked." LMAO!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
snugglebutter
Registered Users
seller

I haven't done it before, but I'm planning to this time. I'm going to take the newborn pockets and AIO's that I have (a dozen) and possibly only use them part of the time.
S - happy to be homeschooling and expecting #5!
snugglebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #6
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

I did. I didn't ask the hospital what I could do with my baby because they don't get a say! DH put on the first diaper in the little bassinet and then the baby stayed with me the whole time. Unless the baby goes to the NICU, they never even change a diaper. I brought 20 diapers, XL wetbag and some wipes. It was a non-issue. DH threw the diapers in the wash when we got home.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #7
peep_erz
Registered Users
seller

I brought 8 Lil joeys and used 2 of them. We only stayed 24 hours though and the very first diaper was a sposie because the diaper bag was still in the car at the time.

I asked the midwife, nurses, and my OB about the hospitals postion on bringing cloth diapers just to check and double check. They were perfectly fine with me bringing and using cloth. While we were there I even convinced one of the nurses to try cloth. She had only ever seen prefolds and covers before. She was completely sold when I showed her my cute AIO's.
peep_erz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #8
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I already talked with ours and they don't care. I LOVE the hospital I'll be delivering at (I had DD2 there). If your baby doesn't need to be in the nursery, the ONLY time they take her is for the Hep B/Vit K/Eye goop and bath that they do. I declined the HepB so she was only gone for 20 minutes while the doc stitched me up, and DH stayed with her the whole time. They even let me dress her in her own clothes and blankets.
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #9
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes. We just brought 1.5 dozen prefolds and 7 covers. Since the meconium poop is not explosive the covers did not get poop frequently. I brought a medium size wet/dry bag and everything was kept nicely in his little cart . It was enough for the 2 days we were there.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

kinda I didn't start with cloth the put a sposie on her and she wore those for probably the first 12 hours or so.. My intention was to jsut use the sposies till we were ready to go home. However she swam on them I brought about 6 or so preemie nanabottoms with me and they just fit GOBS better so once I was up enough to get around and focus I switched her to cloth. We left at 24 hours so we had enough. Doing it again I'd bring the same diapers but a full dozen JIC. I'd probably do the same thing allow the sposies till on my feet then cloth.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote