Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #11
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by todzwife View Post
I already talked with ours and they don't care. I LOVE the hospital I'll be delivering at (I had DD2 there). If your baby doesn't need to be in the nursery, the ONLY time they take her is for the Hep B/Vit K/Eye goop and bath that they do. I declined the HepB so she was only gone for 20 minutes while the doc stitched me up, and DH stayed with her the whole time. They even let me dress her in her own clothes and blankets.
Awesome! :-) I just wanted to mention it as I've read so many stories about people having issues with it. :-\ but I'm happy you're hospital is so open to it!

Advertisement

pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #12
77Lipen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by klevmomma
I did cloth in the hospital with my last baby. I brought 24 flour sack towels, a snappi, and two bags to store them in (one clean, one dirty). Personally, I wouldn't want to bring "nice" dipes to the hospital, for fear of losing or forgetting one or something. I might bring maybe two, one for pictures and one for going home, but definitely not my whole stash (if I had such a stash, which I don't :-)). I wasn't in the least bit worried about losing a FST :-)

My hospital was great about cloth. So was the hospital I had my 4th baby at (though I didn't use cloth in that hospital, but I checked and they had no problems with it).

One of the nurses, though, did ask me if I knew when her diapers were wet. I was like, "Um, yes." She then asked how I knew. I was like, "It's cotton. It feels wet." Then she said, "Oh, I see. I can never tell when the diapers are wet except for the yellow line turning green, so I just wasn't sure how it worked." LMAO!!!
Can you use fst as flats?!
77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #13
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

Our hospital doesn't allow any clothing or other items from home on the baby until discharge UNLESS you are in the NICU. When my daughter went to the NICU I was allowed to put my own hat, booties and gloves on her, but one of the nurses kept pulling them all off when she came on her shift. I'd show up and she'd be striped down to hospital issued clothes again. I was not allowed to use diapers, pacifiers or diaper cream from home. it was a shame because she had a HORRIBLE diaper rash from the formula they gave her and they would not allow me to put cream on it so she cried and cried.

It doesn't make sense to me because everything the baby touches goes home with them anyway. ???
Old 04-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: Did you do cloth in the hospital?

I brought a dozen AIOs, and a wetbag. The nurses loved them! The one time he was in the nursery (so I could shower) I changed him right before I brought him down there and he was fine coming back. I left a 7th gen sposie at the side of his bassinett just in case (and he wore one when first born until I did the first change) but those are the only 2 I used from the whole pack, I had a med-free delivery and was discharged within 25 hours, so it was a non-issue, had I had complications and needed a longer stay I would have used the sposies, which is why I had brought them in case I wanted to wait on cloth because you never really know what's going to happen!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #15
cuddlebunny_24
Registered Users

I did cloth with the youngest. Good thing too because he broke out from the pampers. We were not sure how many we would need so we took all 24 of our tiny gdiapers. We had 6 left when we got home and we were there for two days.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #16
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottermomma View Post
Just a side note, have you talked to the hospital about their policy? Some are really hardcore against cloth and it is good to find out if you'll be met with resistance sooner rather than later.

I didn't cloth in hospital sho I'm not help... Lol
I just started using cloth. We only only in the hospital about 24 hours from when he popped out (noon to noon). We used cloth the morning after. I just brought a wet bag and way more diapers than I needed. I plan to start diaper one next time. Hopefully this one will be able to be born in the birth center.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 04-09-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #17
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie
I did. I didn't ask the hospital what I could do with my baby because they don't get a say!
Agreed.
alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #18
Katiebug_1976
Registered Users
seller

Yep, it was great!! We took GMD orange edge workhorses & prefolds,wash cloth diapers, Bummis super brite & newborn Rumparoos covers, and a couple aio's made by me. DS was 10lbs. 2oz!! The covers fit really well from day 1. The wash cloth diapers were perfect...they were absorbant, and very trim...just what we were looking for for the first few days (they were also brown, so we didn't have to worry about stains). The workhorses were a little bulky, but quickly became one of my favorite diapers after his cord fell off. The prefolds were great from day one until about 14/15lbs (when he outgrew them and we had to upsize). I wish I would have done cloth with all my kids from day 1! It was so fun watching the nurses reactions to all the cute diapers he was wearing.
Katiebug_1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #19
Katiebug_1976
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie View Post
I did. I didn't ask the hospital what I could do with my baby because they don't get a say! DH put on the first diaper in the little bassinet and then the baby stayed with me the whole time. Unless the baby goes to the NICU, they never even change a diaper. I brought 20 diapers, XL wetbag and some wipes. It was a non-issue. DH threw the diapers in the wash when we got home.
This was me!! My baby, my choice in diapers! Dh put the first dipe on lil man right after he was born, and he never left our room. The nurses never even changed his diaper. We didn't run into any problems, though. The nurses were completely fine with it and thought they were so cute!
Katiebug_1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #20
kynid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't had my baby yet, but I asked my nurse and OB if I could use cloth diapers in the hospital and they said "You can do whatever you want. It's your baby!" My nurse said her daughter-in-law used cloth in the hospital, and told me how she had this cool "T" shaped thing (Snappi) instead of pins.