Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-10-2013, 05:17 AM   #31
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark
If you do, whatever you purchase needs to be easy to return for cash & include gift receipts. Gifts that cannot be easily returned are practically always horrible ideas.
I disagree. If it was something consulted about before hand then you know it will be something they like and will use!

My i-devices are out to get me, please excuse mistakes.

Advertisement

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #32
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I did! My youngest is 3 and still in cloth now but my oldest is 19 and my grandson is 1. My daughter ended up not using the cloth diapers much but she's the mom so that's her call to make.
I bought her a couple Flip sets with the organic cotton & stay dry inserts.

mom to 3 girls and one little boy

Last edited by ssand23; 04-10-2013 at 07:17 AM.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #33
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If they dont them they can just give them back and I can give them to another one of my kids. I will let them know that before hand.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend

Last edited by KaleidoscopeEyes; 04-10-2013 at 09:09 AM.
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #34
kalibratx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you buy cloth for.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
If they dont them they can just give them back and I can give them to another one of my kids. I will let them know that before hand.
This is my thought I can invest in a newbie stash and when she is done or it doesn't work out I can resell for 1/2 what I invested...

I would love to do this for everyone I know that gets preggo lol my own little rent a stash. Give them out at baby showers gives them the option of cloth. then they can return when done.

No hurt feelings if they decide against it but it shares the cloth love and gives others maybe a chance to see what "new" cloth diapers are about.
kalibratx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #35
PabsnPo
Registered Users
seller

If mom is down for it, then I say do it! I wish my MIL (or someone in our families!) would do this for us. Everyone just rolls their eyes when we say we're doing cloth. Or if they ask what we need and we say cloth diapers they tell us they don't know what to get, no matter how many times I explain (or how many times I send them to our CD registry). Boo. I think it's sweet you want to do this
PabsnPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #36
jmrw2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My older sister, mom and I worked together and made an entire stash for my littlest sister due next month. It helped her out, and we were happy to do something more than just buy cute outfits.
I think diapers are an awesome gift if the mom is interested. I would be thrilled if someone had bought me a newbie stash. For DS1 I started with 10 diapers and washed every 12-16 hours. It was ridiculous.
jmrw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #37
kjenkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a 28 year old daughter. She is in Africa right now with the Peace Corp. Part of her teaching is to young mothers about cloth diapering. She says that she will cloth diaper her babies also. So I started buying a complete stash but now I don't want to give them to her . I want to keep them for myself to use when grand babies come stay with me. Oh forgot to mention that she doesn't plan to start a family until she comes home in 2 more years.
kjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote