Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #11
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
We used between 12-15 diapers a day on a newby. I check diapers frequently and don't wet leave a diaper unchanged that has been peed in even once.

Dd has always been a heavy wetter because she holds it for hours. Right now we go through about 3-5 diapers in 24 hours because I sit her on the potty if she's been dry quite some time. If the diaper isn't wet, it goes back on. She is 20 months.

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy
Newborn sposies have a strip on them that change colors so you know as soon as they are wet. The average newborn will use 10-12 diapers a day regardless of cloth or sposie.
Yep. They had the color strip, but dd would scream every time she peed anyway. You can also smell when they go. My daughter used about 18 dipes per day for the first few months.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #13
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

Re: How many SPOSIES does the average parent of a newborn go through?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2macht4 View Post
I never used more then 10 cloth or sposie. The Hospital said 5-6 times a day. Something about the ph levels in breastfed poop not beging harmful until solide. They thought I change too much and upsetting baby with too many changes was disruptive. Oddly they also covered the bassinetts so light didnt disrupt the babies lol. I think changing At first sign of wetness is More an American thing.
I'm not an American and I try to change when wet just like my mother and sister. My American relatives tell me I change too often when using sposies and that they are designed to hold more than one pee.

I used sposies on Ladybug as a newb and we went through anywhere between 12 and 20 diapers each day. But the newbie diapers are cheap.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

DD #1 easily 20-25 a day she pooped a TON
DD #2 about 14-18

Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #15
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think 10-12 is average but I remember going through 15 a day in the beginning with DD. I hated it!! I wish I would have known about cloth back then because we would have saved a lot of money.
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #16
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2macht4 View Post
I never used more then 10 cloth or sposie. The Hospital said 5-6 times a day. Something about the ph levels in breastfed poop not beging harmful until solide. They thought I change too much and upsetting baby with too many changes was disruptive. Oddly they also covered the bassinetts so light didnt disrupt the babies lol. I think changing At first sign of wetness is More an American thing.
I had to use at least twice this (and we were doing sposie) my first literly pooed 20+ times a day and their was no way I was leaving her in that for any period of time. We also used diaper changes to try a stimulate her to wake enough to eat we had some FTT issues with her and part was she was not naturally waking to nurse. Diaper changes helped simulate her enough..

WIth our second we basically changed with feedings plus a few extra changes so at least 10-12 changes 14 seemed to be our average. She was cloth diapered from start and got irritated if left wet.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #17
buko
Registered Users
seller

NAK-- excuse abbreviations.

Helpful answers-- keep 'em coming!

I should amend my OP to say that we were using more like 15 before, maybe 8-10 now with (just starting to figure out) EC. We change so frequently bc we planned on ECing & didn't want her to get used to being wet/dirty. I def don't feel like frequent changing is an American thing... seems more like the opposite, if anything (esp since so many places EC to some extent). But maybe I'm wrong...
buko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #18
bobbs7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sposies "bulge" out and feel squishy when they are wet (not all sposies have that strip, just Pampers), so I would change him when he felt wet, or when he pooped which is all the time when he was a newb. So at least 12-24 times most likely cause it's around the clock too.
'ing,'ing, part-time working out of the house, full-time in the house, mom-mom to Jackson Philip 11/28/09 , Levi Garrett 5/18/12 , and Aria Joye 4/16/14, and wife to my best friend and male clone Matthew since 10/6/06.

~forever thankful to have been saved by Grace~
bobbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #19
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

In German Cd groups the common response is shock or wow do Americans do anything other then change diapers all day. May be a German thing but its been discussed many times. Germans also have much less cds and were shocked by the reccomended amounts on us websites.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #20
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would say ten a day? We would have went through boxes and boxes though...DD was a ftt babe and she fit in xsmall thirties for a year!
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote