Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #21
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
DS hated being wet! Whether sposie or cloth. I think we went through 15 diapers a day on average. I know my 36 prefolds was barely enough to wash every other day. We went through a lot of sposies the first 2 weeks too!

My i-devices are out to get me, please excuse mistakes.

Advertisement

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #22
Oakleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: t***om
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many SPOSIES does the average parent of a newborn go through?

My babies pooped with every feeding as newborns so easily 14+ diapers a day.

6 diaper changes a day would have meant my newborns would have been sitting in feces for hours. No way.
Oakleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #23
Momma2NCJD
Registered Users

DS is 10 weeks old tomorrow. I used sposies until one day shy of 8 weeks (I had bought a stash of sposies before DH gave me the go ahead to use cloth) and we went through close to 500 diapers - almost 10 a day.
Momma2NCJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #24
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2macht4 View Post
In German Cd groups the common response is shock or wow do Americans do anything other then change diapers all day. May be a German thing but its been discussed many times. Germans also have much less cds and were shocked by the reccomended amounts on us websites.
From what I know of the French, I suspect that would be a common sentiment (re: changing diapers all day) in France as well. But, over there co-sleeping, breastfeeding and natural birth are also far less common. Where I come from, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, natural birth, and to a certain extent EC were fairly common as well (though not anymore as Western influences have taken over).
Old 04-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #25
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbs7 View Post
Sposies "bulge" out and feel squishy when they are wet (not all sposies have that strip, just Pampers), so I would change him when he felt wet, or when he pooped which is all the time when he was a newb. So at least 12-24 times most likely cause it's around the clock too.
Huggies little snugglers have the strip too. :-)

We changed with feedings so probably around 10+ random messes/diapers lost to changing table accidents.
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #26
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakleaf View Post
6 diaper changes a day would have meant my newborns would have been sitting in feces for hours. No way.
yea this and they got red fast if I didn't change them ASAP my child is three now we will be PT soon and about 4-6 diapers a day NOW is common and we still use a disposable overnight for a good 12 hours.
I think most hospital advice was a change per feedings which for a BF mother would be at least 10-12 a day..

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #27
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

For me it depends on which kid. DS1 went through 12 or so a day. My newbies uses 8-10. I change with every poopy and pee diaper, but only if he is awake. So that's (on average) every 3 hours.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #28
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

In cloth and sposies it has been on average 12 diapers a day. Sometimes as few as 10 and sometimes as often as 16 but on average 12. Using cloth didn't really change that. Only thing that was different was that I didn't feel panic when the baby peed or pooped in a diaper I had JUST put on. I think I could hear a little cash register cha-ching sound every time I threw one away. With cloth the benefit is that I CAN change dozens of diapers a day and not worry about the cost. Either way it's not a portable toilet so we change the moment we notice wetness and all my babies have been poop in every diaper kinda kids the first few months anyway.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #29
buko
Registered Users
seller

(BTW, when I say 15, I include those diapers that were wet right on the changing table, etc.)

I kind of assume folks here (even when you have used sposies) change more often than the average sposie user, though... no? Would you say the average sposie user (say, American/Canadian) uses fewer? The same? More?
buko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #30
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by buko View Post
(BTW, when I say 15, I include those diapers that were wet right on the changing table, etc.)

I kind of assume folks here (even when you have used sposies) change more often than the average sposie user, though... no? Would you say the average sposie user (say, American/Canadian) uses fewer? The same? More?
I kind of get that impression too. But, I think even the main stream sources recommend 10-12 changes per day for newborns.
ltlmrs is offline   Reply With Quote