Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
mekat
Registered Users

Cool Syringe holder

http://www.trendytubies.com/syringe-roll/

Just sharing what I thought was a great idea. I personally wouldn't use it because my son is on minimal meds that only have to be given twice a day. The syringe roll looks so easy to make and if you don't sew then $18 won't exactly break the bank.

Advertisement

mekat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
fashionistababy
Registered Users

Re: Cool Syringe holder

Thanks for sharing! The syringe roll is a really neat idea. Like you, I only need to administer meds 3x per day, but when we're out and about it would be nifty to have.
fashionistababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How so u keep the syringes from squirting out?
Old 05-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
mekat
Registered Users

Re: Cool Syringe holder

If they are the screw on caps you wouldn't have a problem but if they were the pop on caps then you would have to make sure nothing put too much pressure on the plungers. I know a lot of the EI moms when ds was in EI used the little travel hard case wipe holders but wipe holders really aren't very big and have zero room for a cold pack. I think the roll would be a bit neater and keep the meds at the proper temperature but you would probably still need to drop the fabric roll in a thermos or other hard sided container to keep the plungers from depressing.

I personally don't preload meds in the syringe. I worry about the chemical reaction that might happen with the rubber part on the plunger which I suppose could be minimized by using o-ring syringes. Plus as I said ds's meds are only twice a day so it is easy to just administer straight out of the bottle.

The biggest problem I have with traveling is keeping his pain medication secure. DS has narcotic pain meds and I always worry about drug theft so almost always wind up toting his medicine bottles in my purse everywhere while traveling. Thankfully his come with childproof caps so there is little chance they will spill.
mekat is online now   Reply With Quote