Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #11
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Wednesday!

See, that would never work here. They would all be up at 5am fighting over the Nook. And the fighting makes getting ready for school a nightmare. So there is an electronics ban before 8am. The girls actually get up at 7am and go read in the library until I come down at 7:15-7:30 (it took months for Rosie to actually get to this point, and still be able to be ready for the bus at 8:45 ). Ian is the wildcard most days, but sometimes Ginger gives him a run for his money. The problem was I used to let them come in and snuggle before we got up, but then it got out of hand and it had to stop. Ian doesn't really want to give that up, so I let him in after 7am so he can snuggle a bit before I head down.

But in all of this I was losing my alone time with coffee to wake up and collect my thoughts, make sure I take my meds and meditate, etc. which makes me way less patient in the mornings. I used to be able to get up at 6am and do that but not any more. So I am going to try it this way, and see if I get any results at all. And if it is a massive fail all I have to do is move the Kuerig back downstairs.

Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #12
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
MH lost privileges when she got up before 6 and would not go back to bed. 2 days of no electronics and she chose the go back to bed route.

Yummy lunch then we are on the road. Mahi for me chicken for everyone else. Sweet potato, asparagus, broccoli,and cauliflower
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

I miss Janine!!!

Cheryl, coffee in bed sounds divine. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Jen, safe travels today!

As for me, I'm irritated that for some reason, dh's check has been $70 less per pay period for the last few months. I'm fairy certain it's a tax thing, but haven't investigated fully. Urgh. Budget re-do is pending. I'll probably need to work on that after school/lunch today. Too bad it's a re-do involving less funds, instead of more! Boo! And that is all for complaining for the day

I've spent the last few days battling the blues and am determined to be a different color today. How about a bright, pretty purple? Neon green? Turquoise perhaps? All lovely shades.

Last edited by RebekahG77; 04-10-2013 at 12:27 PM.
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #14
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
Cheryl, coffee in bed sounds divine. So let it be written, so let it be done.
I know, right? I can chase the unattainable dream for a while, yeah?

I don't have uncooperative kids, LOL. Let me give you a glimpse of my life. Monday morning, Ginger's alarm clock went off at 5:30, because she didn't know that it was set to the wrong time when she went to bed. Then DH tried to fix it, and because it was 5am he didn't do it right and it went off at 6:30. Two alarms means everyone is up. Yesterday, Rosie set her alarm for 6:30 because she forgot part of her homework the night before. She went down to do it...and the alarm went off again because she hit snooze and not off, and because she was downstairs it went off for a LONG time. Today, we had the freaky Wanda or whatever thunderstorm that woke everyone up and DH had to be out of the house at 7am. This is what Jess meant by resigning to not having coffee alone. The chances of stuff happening increases exponentially with each additional person in the house.

Anyway, Bekah, DH's check was also affected by the tax crap and it sucks.

Now I really want what Jen had for lunch. But I will likely be eating leftover pizza or chicken. I am giving a presentation on self-defense for the GS troop tonight, so nobody gets a fresh-cooked meal today, LOL.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #15
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

My kids usually wake up around 7-730am so they don't come out of their room before 730am. I would love to drink my morning coffee in peace but right now those few extra minutes of sleep are more precious

Instead I sit with my cup and am unable to form complete sentences until I'm about half way through my cup. Luckily the kids have gotten hip to this and keep conversation limited until then!
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #16
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Sorry about the cuhrazy wake-up times, Cheryl! Sounds so frustrating. I've been my own worst enemy when it comes to sleep the past month or so. It's a pretty regular thing now... wake up at 3:30am... ponder all that is stressful and scary... toss and turn for 3 hours... fall asleep again to wake up 30-60 mins later, depending on the kids. So annoying! I'm VERY thankful that at this stage in my life, I don't have an employer to whom I answer. I would be toast.

Last night's scary thought... so we have this new furniture; a sofa and a snuggler chair. They all recline. Last night, I was trying to put the foot rest back in to find that the dog had crawled under the chair. I could've squished him if he weren't so small. So where did my mind go when I woke up at 3:30? A crawling baby/toddler... an interesting space to crawl into... nobody notices, and then we lose a finger, squish a child, etc... Gah! I couldn't stop thinking about it!

Last edited by RebekahG77; 04-10-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #17
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

And on the topic of morning coffee... I don't really get to drink mine alone/in peace, but I do get to at least finish it before it gets cold. That's all about to change, hehe. No Keurig or place to have it in peace. Maybe I should resign to iced coffee for the newborn stage, which I do really enjoy!

Last edited by RebekahG77; 04-10-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #18
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG pregnancy is the worst for sleeping through the night, LOL. I know your body is prepping for what is to come...but dang do you have to be sleep-deprived BEFORE the baby comes?

Yeah, I know I am chasing a pipe dream, but even if it only works once or twice a week, I am willing to try.

SPeaking of the impossible, goodness gracious trying to give a presentation to a dozen 8 and 9YO girls in somebody's house is probably the biggest herding cats scenario there is. Constantly being interrupted with "There was this time, um, when I was at the store and I lost my mom...and then" type stories. Giggles....SQUIRREL...you get the idea. But it was fun and I think they may have learned something.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #19
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MH is out of the tub. We are headed to bed soon. She needs extra sleep with her cold/virus on the attach.

Jerry and I got caught up on the voice while she was bathing.

Tomorrow I will do a little grocery shopping and then Jerry will head off to MIL to work and MH and I will clean bedrooms.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #20
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

I actually slept better after C was born than I did the whole time I was pregnant with her. I had the worst insomnia of my life while I was pregnant with her. Meanwhile, when I was pregnant with J, I slept 12+hrs a night PLUS I napped in the afternoon and it still didnt feel like enough!
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote