Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #1
luckycharm8106
Registered Users
seller
seller

Tell me about trainers

I have a 2 year old son who just turned 2 and we hope to start potty learning sometime soon. I have no clue on trainers. Tell me about your favorite or some of your favorite trainers and why you like those. Do they run big, small, or true to size? Have you tried others? What did you not like about those? Thanks

Advertisement

luckycharm8106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

We've been using the Flip Trainers for a year now. I bought them originally to use as larger sized diapers that would fit past 35 lbs but now we are using them as trainers. They are super easy to pull up and down, it's very easy to add an extra insert and use them at night with out any leaks. I'd highly recommend these!
We tried Grovia trainers but they ran pretty small, even with the plus size panel, they didn't fit past 35 lbs and are very narrow (they only covered 1 of ds' butt cheeks at a time LOL but it's true!). The pocket to add extra absorbency is very small and rips easily. The Grovia would really only be suitable for a very small child (very thin and well under 30 lbs) who doesn't need any absorbency to the trainer.

mom to 3 girls and one little boy
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
luckycharm8106
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Tell me about trainers

Okay thanks! My son is 28 pounds at the moment and has a small waist so that is my only worry with trainers. I just don't want them to be too big. I may buy a flip to try to see if it will fit him or not. :] Do you just use the flip trainer inserts?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
luckycharm8106
Registered Users
seller
seller

Any others? Even WAHM.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

i like blueberry and fuzzi bunz trainers. they both run kinda small. the fuzzi bunz runs smaller than blueberry in my opinion.
my DD is 23 pounds and 21 months old. she's skinny and has not much of a backside. the small blueberry fits her great. it's getting kinda snug but she can still pull them up with a little help. (she hasn't mastered pulling up and down yet)
the fuzzi bunz size small was way too tight on her.

i have some wahm trainers i got from here that are like blueberry that i really like as well. don't remember who i got them from. they were second hand i paid $5 each for them they are cotton with fleece band on leg and waist.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found that in general the trainers that are "one size fits most" run small. I was looking for nighttime trainer for my 2.5yr avg sized son which I would think is an avg trainer age and they were all small. GroVia trainer with plus panels was too small. The 4T Antsy Pants didn't have the rise we needed and was almost too big around the waist. If you like this styles, snugs boutique makes nice ones for less that are less expensive with more colors. They are about the same size as the grovia trainer unsnapped.

I didn't understand the Flip trainers... how can you have rise snaps on something you pull up? We were having so much trouble I finally got one, but as i expected they popped off when pulling up at the tightness it needed to not gap at the legs (we were on the middle rise).

We did settle with HH trainers briefly. We used the smalls because the MEd were HUGE. He was at the crazy upper end of the Smalls but they seemed to work okay, untill the leg holes started leaving huge welts. I don't recommend HH because they are crazy poofy, they look ridiculous.

I think maybe my son was in the "big boy slim out phase". We have settled on EZ SNap pocket larges which we like. But I think he will outgrow the rise before he outgrows the waist.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 04-10-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #7
luckycharm8106
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks! Will look into all these.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You could also try something like super undies
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote