Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
LuvGabs
Registered Users
seller

kissaluvs 0?

Has anyone just done the KL0 for their newborn stash? What are your opinions on them for newborns. I'm expecting about a 7-8lb baby so not super tiny. Looking for a simplified newborn stash. I was also considering doing GMD workhorses if not doing the KL0. How do they compare? Any opinions greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Advertisement

LuvGabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
~KittyKat~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: kissaluvs 0?

Half of my NB stash is KL0's. I haven't used them yet but I heard nothing but good things. I like the material they are made of because I can tell already it will be good at containing breast fed baby poop. My only complaint is I got several of mine used and they aren't nearly as soft as when brand new so they do get a little stiff. Not terribly bad but some.

I have never used the GMD so I don't know how they compare.
~KittyKat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
LuvGabs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KittyKat~ View Post
Half of my NB stash is KL0's. I haven't used them yet but I heard nothing but good things. I like the material they are made of because I can tell already it will be good at containing breast fed baby poop. My only complaint is I got several of mine used and they aren't nearly as soft as when brand new so they do get a little stiff. Not terribly bad but some.

I have never used the GMD so I don't know how they compare.
I've been reading good things about them too, I especially like how soft they look and have the snap down for the cord. Do you feel like they will be bulky on a newborn though?
Old 04-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
sleepydaisy
Registered Users
seller

I am using them on my 6 week old girl. I really like them..haven't used workhorses to compare. The kl0's do get rough so you def have to wash them in some ecover fabric softener..
Old 04-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #5
~KittyKat~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGabs View Post
I've been reading good things about them too, I especially like how soft they look and have the snap down for the cord. Do you feel like they will be bulky on a newborn though?
Honestly no I don't. I actually found myself wondering how cotton that is that thin will hold everything lol. I didn't use cloth on my oldest though so givee a week max (that's when I am being induced if he doesn't get his butt out here on his own) and I can give you better details lol.
~KittyKat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
LuvGabs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydaisy View Post
I am using them on my 6 week old girl. I really like them..haven't used workhorses to compare. The kl0's do get rough so you def have to wash them in some ecover fabric softener..
Good to know about using the softner! Do you find with using it they get back to being pretty soft again? Is that something you add as needed or do you use with every wash? Thanks!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #7
LuvGabs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KittyKat~ View Post
Honestly no I don't. I actually found myself wondering how cotton that is that thin will hold everything lol. I didn't use cloth on my oldest though so givee a week max (that's when I am being induced if he doesn't get his butt out here on his own) and I can give you better details lol.
True! I think it seems like they will hold more too. I didn't start using cloth with DD till around 10mos so I'm totally new to having to CD a newborn too! Hope your little guy comes soon so you don't end up being induced, good luck!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
sunlightmlp
Registered Users

I used both, and I liked both. Both are awesome at containing newborn poop. I found the KL0 a little more absorbent than the newborn workhorse; however, I had the old version of the workhorse (no attached soaker), so I would bet that the new workhorse (with soaker) compares well in absorbability. If I had to pick, I'd say I like workhorses better (I am a big cotton fan, though), but I don't think you'll be disappointed with KL0's, either.
sunlightmlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
axelscarlet
Registered Users
seller

I am collecting some of each, I like that the KL0's have a snap down for umbilical stump. Ordering the nb workhorses at end of month, baby due in June.
axelscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have both of them. To be honest I can't say much about fitteds these days because I dont reach for them unless I have nothing else to diaper him with . Now the hot weather approaching I was planning to use the KL more often to go coverless. I have the 1.0 vrs and so far they have been great at containing poopy messes and they hold quite a lot of pee for a NB diaper.
I also have the WH NB diaper(new version) and like KL does well containing messes but doesn't have that umbilical cord snap down option which is a pain especially if you have a short rise baby who's umbilical cord is taking a tad long to heal (like mine). So depending on when your planning to use them I would collect some of each .