Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #11
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Please just reassure me

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3boys1girl View Post
I agree with calling the OB. 10 movements in an hour. Ive seen to many cases here on DS where something wrong. I think DS has ruined me
DS has ruined me too. I read a short time ago about an insulin dependent mama having a tragic outcome at 38 weeks, so now I'm extra nervous.

She did finally start moving enough that I could get 10 an hour. It took lots of poking and prodding. Even having her two year old brother knee me in the tummy didn't get much reaction.

I'm starting to wonder if my prodromal labor is starting to do a bit more than just make me uncomfortable. It would explain my general keep.your.freaking.hands.off.me attitude and my back pain too.

Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #12
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Go for an NST. Make sure it is done properly and not with prodding or shaking the baby being counted. I know I'm the one who posted that bit and freaked you out. NST and BPP like now! It's a million, even trillion times better to go get checked out. What you are describing could be just fine, or it could be exactly what my friend was describing in the days leading up to what she experienced.

Hugs and go get checked!
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #13
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

The most reassuring thing will be to know baby is fine!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #14
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypockets View Post
Go for an NST. Make sure it is done properly and not with prodding or shaking the baby being counted. I know I'm the one who posted that bit and freaked you out. NST and BPP like now! It's a million, even trillion times better to go get checked out. What you are describing could be just fine, or it could be exactly what my friend was describing in the days leading up to what she experienced.

Hugs and go get checked!
I called and left a message. My dr isn't in the office today, so the on call will get back to me.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #15
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Great! If you don't hear anything back, go to the hospital for the proper tests. My friend waited until her regularly-scheduled appointment.

My friend had some great words for you, lovingly, of course. Ultimately, good or bad, it's up to God. However, she also said to be PROACTIVE. To the point of refuse to leave if they don't do proper testing. They were poking, prodding, shaking her baby to get him to move and counting THAT on the NST. Not cool at all. Get the tests you need to reassure yourself that everything is okay, and make sure they are done properly.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #16
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypockets
Great! If you don't hear anything back, go to the hospital for the proper tests. My friend waited until her regularly-scheduled appointment.

My friend had some great words for you, lovingly, of course. Ultimately, good or bad, it's up to God. However, she also said to be PROACTIVE. To the point of refuse to leave if they don't do proper testing. They were poking, prodding, shaking her baby to get him to move and counting THAT on the NST. Not cool at all. Get the tests you need to reassure yourself that everything is okay, and make sure they are done properly.
The on call dr wants me to be seen at L&D. I had to wait for my husband to get here and to get child care lined up. I'll be leaving shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 04-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #17
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #18
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Praying all is well!
whitneywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #19
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Good luck, mama! Everything may be fine. Better safe than sorry. Glad you're going! Hugs & prayers!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #20
Schelle77
Registered Users
seller

Do u notice she moves more after u eat and less when ur blood sugar is low?
Schelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote