Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Summer is coming!!! What are your plans?

I love summer and can't wait for the kids to get out of school! It is coming and will be here sooner than later. The kids' last day of school is May 29th and we have already been planning our summer.

The 3 oldest (all girls) will be doing our summer club summer swim team which is swim practice every morning of the week and swim meets on Wed. evening's until mid July.

The oldest 2 girls are also on the year round swim team which is swim practice 3 evenings a week until beg. July.

The 3 girls will be doing a week long full day zoo camp which they have done the past couple of years and LOVE!

My oldest is doing a half week overnight camp that is full of awesome activites....ropes, swimming, canoeing, hiking, archery, etc.

My little man will do a half day week long Superheroe camp, my oldest will do a half day week tennis camp and my 2nd will be doing a half day hip hop camp.

We also have season passes to the local amusement park and the water park. Which we will probably go to each of them at least once a week.

We also go to the free summer movies our local theatre runs every week.

Oh, and going to our club pool and hanging with friends.

So, what are you going to be doing?

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Our town has an awesome splash park and pool. We have the kids enrolled in Waldorf summer camp in July, have YMCA family camp weekends planned Memorial and Labor day, we have the big family picnic and a weekend of camping for the Ren faire, my husband's gulity pleasure. Plus, we are going to DIY a privacy fence this summer. And all of us have our birthdays in the summer, 4-0 for my husband and me. We're booked!
Old 04-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Summer is coming!!! What are your plans?

Wow OP, you have a busy summer planned! So far all we have planned is art camp for two weeks for my oldest two. VBS for my three oldest. Beach and pool trips definitely. We go to the library weekly in the summer, and I was just coming up with how I was going to construct their writing and math journals. We probably will take a few day trips to some cities close by when dh is off.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our "summer" starts this week when we fly to Chicago for 5 days.

May- New York first weekend, cape cod the next two and then a music festival/camping Memorial Day weekend.

June- week long trip to Colorado, camping weekend of 6/22

July- camping first week in NH, my aunts wedding 7/15, 7/21-7/24 go to Maine and stay at my friends lake house, next weekend camping/music festival

August- a long weekend in the Hamptons and the last 3 weeks at our cottage in the cape

We have a super busy summer this year with all the traveling. We spend lots of days at the beach too in our town and at our cape house.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Right now honestly we just want summer to come already! It has been so chilly for so long we are hoping to just see the sun! Once it comes I know we will spend a ton of time in our back garden and at the park that is very close to our home, that includes a splash pool, and probably some of the other local parks as well. I am very excited to see summer already We are also planning to go to;

May- to California

June- I hope to do a weekend at LEGOLAND

July- to the British meet the Octonauts and see friends.

I am also trying to book a Glamping weekend at a localish castle. Trips to Mary Arden's Farm, part of the Shakespeare homes in Stratford Upon Avon, it's a living history farm, with some of the best activities. I am also hoping to book a stay in Majorca, Spain, or maybe some where in the Mediterranean. I have a feeling we will want to go somewhere very warm, if this summer is like the last.

Yeah Summer!
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #6
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am taking the whole summer off. I can't wait! We may try to road trip to my brother in MT but I haven't worked that out in the budget yet. I'm just glad to not have to work all summer.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're moving in the beginning of summer, so we'll be checking out our new town and finding things to do. It has a zoo there so we're going to look at a family membership, and will probably check out their kids museums, etc.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

We're leaving this Sunday to myrtle beach for a week. Then may we have 2 weddings & a birthday party at our local frozen yogurt shop!
June nothing in stone yet. But we take lots of daycations to parks, zoo, aquariums.
We also have a playhouse for dd to get put up.
July is dd's birthday so we have her party which will be Dora!!
Oh have a small pool for her also to get up so she can play in it this year. May end up at the lake for July 4 th not sure though. We do lots though & try to make it fun though my husband works a lot so he likes doing fun things with our daughter when we can. She will be 2 this year so she's really getting into stuff now.
Oh & every Saturday she has a little gym class & gets to play
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #9
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't even thought about it, just moved so things have been crazy.....

I did email a neighbor about local pool info and the rate were very good for a family membership compared to our previous local pool - so probably join a pool, bring the kids a lot. Also swim lessons are high on my list for DS2 and DS3 as we slacked this year.

We now only live 40 mins from SIL lake house/cottage so we can go there anytime, esp midweek when DH is off and hang out, boat, tube etc

Probably explore more of our new and adjoining state Kinda excited to do some fun summer stuff.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #10
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Wow you all are so busy!! I look forward to summer because we get to be on our own schedule.

There are a few things I know will happen as well as a daily morning trip to the local outdoor pool.

Ds1 has church camp in July, my mom is coming out in June for two weeks. We have a cabin booked in June at a local river for a few days to fish, hike and relax. The boys will all do vbs. DS2 and DS3 are playing summer baseball, on different teams of course. We will BBQ with friends leisurely and hangout at families homes we like to spend time with.

I dread the heat but I love the time with my schoolers.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote