Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Q for moms of preschoolers - kindy

Hey mamas - my dh wants to offer a music class for preschool- kindergartners and we are trying to figure out what time of day on a weekday would be good for that sort of thing.

I can't make a poll on my phone but just post?

Mornings after older kids are in school?

Noon right after pick up from half day programs?

2pm (after nap but before big kids are out?)

Other?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

My daughter would do best in the morning I think. She takes a nap from 1-3ish and afternoons FLY.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks mama! Seems like around here, a lot of the kids that age are in some kind of a program. At least all the classes and coffee shop performances have been 2 and under, mostly (those are all in the am, around 10 or so).

He can do things for the younger set but the 3-6 is more fun and get more out of it.

But when?

Last edited by jamieism; 04-22-2013 at 11:54 PM.
jamieism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:22 AM   #4
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Q for moms of preschoolers - kindy

I actually get frustrated that everything is offered weekdays for PK-K kids...our sitter had been willing to take DD to tot gymnastics, but dude, I'm not double-paying (her time + the gymnastics) & I do want to do things w/ her myself. So she'll likely do dance b/c their classes are @ 10am Saturdays. Likewise, she'd love music classes but wouldn't be able to unless it was evening/weekend.
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #5
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Saturdays or 1pm during the week. DD is almost-5 and hasn't napped in 2 years. She goes to preschool from 9-11:30 & classes in the early afternoon, before DS is home from school are the most convenient (so I don't have to drag him). When he was little and I was still working, we did Sat morning classes.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:51 AM   #6
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Weekday mornings. They're fresher in the morning. I get that would cut out some kids that go to preschool, but I would guess they had some kind of music class there. I think noon or two would be very tricky because some kids are still napping at that age. My preschool aged kiddo sleeps from one to four still.

Last edited by jen_batten; 04-23-2013 at 09:53 AM.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #7
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For preschool kids--mornings. For us, the kids go to preschool T/Th, so MWF would be best. Even if the kiddo doesn't nap in the afternoon, younger siblings will.

Here, kindy is full day, so it would need to be on Saturday mornings, but then you get conflicted with soccer/t ball.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 04-23-2013 at 06:57 AM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #8
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Saturday.

Eta now I have time to elaborate. I have a 4 year old daughter who attends pre-k from 930-12 M-F, and a 21m old son who attends nothing. At 12:15 we eat lunch and sometime between 2-4 my son takes a nap maybe. So I could possibly squeeze something in between 1 & 230. I'd be much more likely to do a scheduled extra-curricular on Saturday when my husband is around.

Last edited by danielle; 04-23-2013 at 10:57 AM.
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #9
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think you are going to get times all over the place with that age span.

Preschoolers - if in a actual preschool then typical ones go either am or pm(9-11.30 ish or 12-2.30pm ish). Two days a week if age 3, 3-4 days a week if age 4. Then kindy can be am or pm, but most likely am, and if full day etc.....

So if you do 10 am on Thursday - you are missing all the kindy kids, am preschoolers and making it tight for pm preschoolers if on the same day.

I would check your school district if you don't already know the times, and the local preschools and see what their times are and go from there.

Honestly the times that work best for us would be 4pm or 4.30pm on a weekday(lots of time after school, enough time for dinner. Or later on a weekend day.

It's spring so popular for soccer and t-ball with young kids. So they have Saturdays booked up for a few months. Most Saturday classes are in the morning which I find often conflict with each other......
Old 04-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
mama_to_DJM
Registered Users

I would prefer mid morning- like 10. Noon wouldn't be good because that's when we're home doing lunch.

My cooking blog- http://michellesnewrecipes.blogspot.com/
mama_to_DJM is offline   Reply With Quote