Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
seuss
Registered Users

Beco, Boba or Ergo?

Our 4th is coming in August and this time I want to invest in a good carrier. I used a Sleepy Wrap with our daughter and borrowed a Baby Hawk Carrier when she got older. This time I want a soft structured carrier. I was going to get an Ergo, but then I saw a friend's Beco and heard about the Boba's... Now I'm confused. I will probably buy a used carrier.

Can anybody help me out with what the differences are? I know an Ergo requires a newborn insert and the Boba does not... Beco seems to only sell the Gemini now... ? Which only goes up to 35 lbs, but the Butterfly II went to 45...? Does the Beco require an insert?

I have shoulder and neck issues, so I have to be really careful about the carrier I use. I'm 5ft 6 in. My husband is 6ft 3 in and not a small guy. I would like the carrier to work for both of us. And our kid's tend to be quite tall... Price is definitely an issue for us. So I am looking for the least expensive carrier that will fit our needs well.

Thanks for any advice.

Advertisement

Last edited by seuss; 02-18-2013 at 12:34 PM.
seuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
EmilyAnn86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Beco, Boba or Ergo?

Out of those choices I would definitely go with a Boba. The Ergo has a short body and the Beco is very narrow, so neither work well for toddlers. The Boba would also fit both you and your husband easily. The Action Baby Carrier is another good option to look in to
Emily (26) Happily married to Chris since 8-5-2006 and mommy to David (6-13-2008) James (9-27-2009) and John (9-9-2011) and baby #4 due Aug 12th
God is our family planner. Bring on the blessings!! Psalm 127:3-5
EmilyAnn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
dilya6722
Registered Users

Agree with the previous post - Boba is the best choice out of 3 - never tried Beco but it is very narrow and with Ergo you will most likely have to buy a waist extender separately. Plus Boba has food rests for toddlers longer legs
dilya6722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
nursenmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

I got an olives and applesauce carrier because I wasn't thrilled with the options you mentioned and I've owned 2 of tthe 3. The boba was uncomfortable for me. Beco is coming out with a new carrier called the soleil in the spring that I'm curious about.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
Len27
Registered Users
seller

The beco butterfly II is being discontinued right now so there are lots of great deals on new ones. It has the infant harness in it that velcros out, so you don't need to buy one seperately. It also has an attached internal harness which some people like because it's a bit more secure.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
nursenmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

I got an olives and applesauce carrier because I wasn't thrilled with the options you mentioned and I've owned 2 of tthe 3. The boba was uncomfortable for me. Beco is coming out with a new carrier called the soleil in the spring that I'm curious about.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
zoekate12
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was THIS CLOSE to buying a Beco Gemini the other day...now I'm waiting til spring! Eeek!!
zoekate12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
Jamimclaugh
Registered Users
seller

I love my Gemini. Honestly the weight limits for me don't apply, since toddlers aren't usually carried, ESP with a bad back. I Am 5 8" and my hubby is 6 foot and no probs. you can also wear baby on your hip with this carrier. My baby was born 9 lbs so I didn't even need an infant insert with her. You may want to see if any consignment shops have ethos there, that would be cheapest option. Also see if there are any local stores that carry these do you can try them out. Oh I also like how you can cross the straps in a Gemini for added support.
Jamimclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #9
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love our Boba so much we have two!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
Mags2710
Registered

My Mood:

I have an Ergo and a Boba. I am starting to get into wraps so I figured I needed to get rid of one of my carriers. I am getting rid of the Ergo for the following reasons: 1. it is MUCH hotter than the Boba. 2. The Boba has foot stirrups which is better for the older kids. 3. You don't need the infant insert for a Boba so when we have another kiddo I won't have to worry about ANOTHER something to carry around with us. 4. I get a weird fit with the Ergo. I don't feel like I can get a comfortable carry..either it is good for me but I feel my kid isn't all that comfy or just the opposite. The ergo was great for a bit but it seems to me the Boba has more birth to toddler use to me. HTH and makes sense.
Mags2710 is offline   Reply With Quote