Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
ardeur
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Was it ever the perfect time?

I'm wondering how often couples mutually decide that it's finally the perfect time to have a baby. Actually getting pregnant when you want to is another story. haha!

How many of you reached that point?

DH and I are going on 6 years of marriage (after 3 years of dating) and we still haven't reached that ideal "time" to have a baby. I can think up half a dozen reasons why we should continue to wait. I DON'T want to, though. I've reached the point that I'm so desperate for babies that I don't care a whit if it's bad timing or not anymore.

Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Hubby and I both decided there was no such thing as a perfect time for us. By the time were both financially set and able to buy a home I would be well into my 30s, which is not ideal physically. My body would probably be happiest giving birth at age 22, but I certainly wasn't going to do that either. So we decided that plenty of people have children in apartments, and even much less ideal living situations, so why shouldn't we. We started TTC as soon as we were married, when I was 27 and he was 30.

Ps I have a coworker who finally just decided with his wife that this is the perfect time for them. Unfortunately they are both in their 40s, and already getting frustrated with IVF after fertility treatments failed. He acknowledged recently that they were so focused on getting everything perfectly in place that they may have missed their window.

Last edited by Palooka; 04-12-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Was it ever the perfect time?

yeah, if we waited until we were financially perfect I would probably be 50. Babies aren't about money. The perfect time is when you and your dh, so, whatever want one and your heart wants one. Everything will fall into place.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
mayliz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
After the economic dowtnturn in 09, my husband lost his job and four months later found a better one. The very next month I realized life is unpredictable and we are capable of weathering many storms. We tried for 2 years and finally got our precious baby. One thing I learned is that you make a lot of sacrifices after finding out you're pregnant. We were more financially secured, of course, but we mainly focus on needs than wants. I see larger families with much less than we have doing okay. So somehow you make it work.
mayliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
DallasK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No perfect time, except when you feel like you want a baby. My dh wasnt "ready" when I got pregnant with my first but the moment our son was born everything fell into place, and by our 3rd he is a better dad than I could ever imagine.
DallasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

We did with our son. It was just the right time. We tried for 2 cycles and then got pregnant on the 3rd.
HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #7
AmeliasMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As my DH puts it, the perfect time is when you get pg, LOL. Says the Couple that don't prevent anything, and have 4 under 7, including an 8 day old, LOL.
AmeliasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
lilg82882
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ever since we were dating we knew we wanted to have kids.
We got married in Sept and Dec talked about when we would have kids.
I wasn't working and hubby was working his first "real job" out of college not making very good money.
We decided there is never a "right time" so we decided to NTNP and got pregnant in May.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
There's never a perfect time. You just do your best and things will work out. I don't believe a couple needs to own a home or have a high income to be ready. A loving, stable relationship and willingness to sacrifice and work hard are more important in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 04-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

I had my idea of a perfect time, but God must think I'm an idiot because He gave me two babies while perfectly taking birth control and breastfeeding (for #2). Even my doctors were shocked considering the bc AND traveling AND confirmed ovulation. I think a good time is a time with the person you love. As long as your relationship is strong, everything else can be managed. Not to mention that when you have a baby w the man you love, you make a tiny person that's the both of y'all. It's like lighting the whole world on fire with happiness.

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote