Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #31
TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
Formerly: K**ten
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O boys will be boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph410 View Post
I don't have negative feelings associated with the term. I have all boys myself and I definitely see a difference, in general, between the sexes. To me, the phrase might be referring to just that in general boys tend to be much more active, more physical, less inclined to be nurturing on their own (I think this quality can be cultivated by good parenting, though), etc. I don't personally have a problem with seeing and appreciating the innate difference between boys and girls. I don't think they pop out of the womb identical. They are very much physiologically designed differently. I understand that others don't agree, though.
This is very true. I don't know that anyone is necessarily disagreeing with you. I think the drawback of the statement itself is when it is used as an excuse for inappropriate behavior. Boys being rough & tumble is ok. Boys being hurtful or disrespectful is not.
You got thinking me about the nurturing thing. I actually don't think they are really less inclined to be nurturing. I think they just express it differently. The majority of males that I know (of all ages) actually love to spend time building up others, they just want to spend that time in a different way - and yes, cultivating that with good parenting is always lovely to see.

Advertisement

Last edited by TooBusyBearcubs; 04-21-2013 at 05:14 PM.
TooBusyBearcubs is offline   Reply With Quote