Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #11
momtoesther
Registered Users
seller

Re: should I be worried?

was checked again and I'm still completely closed, but really really wish the contractions would stop. I'm almost done my antibiotics, so I assume the UTI is gone, but the contractions haven't let up. I don't know if I can handle another 8 weeks of this (to make it to 40).

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #12
Sparklebug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did they retest you also to make sure the infection is gone? I wondered the same thing as the pp who mentioned the possibility of the wrong Rx (I've taken the wrong Rx for a uti and ended up with a kidney infection, not fun). And keep drinking tons of water, it will help flush your system and can help relieve contrax, if dehydration is partially at fault. Hope you get some relief soon, mama

Sparklebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #13
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

drop a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in your water every hour! its a kidney/liver/all systems gentle detox and helps to fight bacteria.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #14
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoesther View Post
was checked again and I'm still completely closed, but really really wish the contractions would stop. I'm almost done my antibiotics, so I assume the UTI is gone, but the contractions haven't let up. I don't know if I can handle another 8 weeks of this (to make it to 40).
Don't assume the UTI is gone. Get it checked. And yes a UTI can cause contractions. I had it cause cramps at 20 weeks. No symptoms other than cramping. Then 32 weeks. I was well into dealing with preterm labor. I dilated to 1cm and found out I had another UTI in the same night. Terbutaline and antibiotics calmed my contractions.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #15
momtoesther
Registered Users
seller

talked to my ob and she said the earliest the can retest me is sunday (3 days after abx are done). So for now I just have to take it easy and go to labour and delivery if they get worse. So far the contractions have been the same all week so hopefully nothing changes until my 33 week appointment next Tuesday.