Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Have you figured out how to strip your diapers in it? Short version, Mine is a Whirlpool, so it has a setting called Clean Washer with Affresh (it's a brand of washing machine cleaner). It washes hot, and the water level actually gets high. I'm wondering if I can strip my diapers on the clean washer setting, unless there is a reason I really shouldn't?

Long version, two months ago the baby's eczema was flared up on his legs really bad. His butt and thighs were covered in it, and he was miserable scooting around and breaking the skin just trying to relieve the itch. I put him in a disposable. It looked better within a day. So I assume it's yeast. I got around to trying to strip all the diapers, two separate loads, yesterday. The pockets now repell, so I don't think I got all the soap out. So I just threw them all back in with bleach. I'll do fitteds next (they had a strong smell before anyway). But I'm worried with as little water as there is, that its never going to work. Before doing the strip, I did a clean washer cycle. It gets full. I'm thinking it might help.

TIA

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have only stripped diapers once. I will use a little bleach, though, and add an extra rinse or two. since your diapers are repelling, it sounds like you need to strip though. I stripped mine with Dawn and scrubbed them by hand, then rinsed them in the sink. I wouldn't do the cleaning cycle with anything in the washer, personally, as I don't know if the machine accounts for items being in it. I would be afraid it would overfill.

I don't think your baby has yeast or it wouldn't just go away on its own. It sounds more like a bacteria buildup or is us with your wash routine to me, especially since your diapers are repelling. What detergent are you using and what is your routine?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

That's what I was afraid of, somehow getting the machine "off" or something. I think at that point we were using Charlie's, if not that then regular RnG. I was doing a rinse, a "deep water" soak on warm (it won't go to high heat for soak), then heavy duty wash + extra rinse on hot, with one scoop of detergent.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory View Post
That's what I was afraid of, somehow getting the machine "off" or something. I think at that point we were using Charlie's, if not that then regular RnG. I was doing a rinse, a "deep water" soak on warm (it won't go to high heat for soak), then heavy duty wash + extra rinse on hot, with one scoop of detergent.
My machine is a Samsung. I get the most water on the bedding setting. Have you tried that?
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #5
Gabe'sMommy
Registered Users

You're not supposed to put anything in the clean washer cycle. I use the sheets cycle as well, it adds more water for the weight. This works quite well for me, but I've never had to strip.
Gabe'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #6
Alesmom
Registered Users
seller

Re: If you have an HE top loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art mama View Post
My machine is a Samsung. I get the most water on the bedding setting. Have you tried that?
Agree. Mine's called the bulky setting. (Maytag) Water fills up all the way to the brim - just like the clean cycle. Also, delicate cycle gives you more water for normal washes... Doesnt agitate much though. Gotta pick your evils!
Alesmom is offline   Reply With Quote