Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
Khaag55
Registered Users
seller

GMD flat sizing

I see small and large. My older ds is 17 months 24lbs and we have a newbie coming in May, I will start cloth diapering him after the newborn stage. So it'd be nice to buy one flat size for both if possible. Any suggestions?

Are these good flats

Advertisement

Angela~mama to B(5/09) M(11/11) #3 6.11.13
Khaag55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Nattiecake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: GMD flat sizing

They're amazing quality!

Are you going to pin/snappi the flats on, or pad fold them? If you pad fold, smalls will work for any weight range, but you might need to add a doubler for the older babies.

The smalls are like 26 or 27 x 26 or 27 inches, and the larges are about 30x30. Larges would be way too big for a newborn.

+ + + + + my boutique baby shop
Nattiecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
Khaag55
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattiecake
They're amazing quality!

Are you going to pin/snappi the flats on, or pad fold them? If you pad fold, smalls will work for any weight range, but you might need to add a doubler for the older babies.

The smalls are like 26 or 27 x 26 or 27 inches, and the larges are about 30x30. Larges would be way too big for a newborn.
I kinda want to do both the pad folded like in covers and sometimes snappied on. Thanks for the info
Old 04-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Are they turned and top stitched or searched?
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
Nattiecake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
Are they turned and top stitched or searched?
They're t&t/hemmed. They lay pretty flat but the sides that aren't hemmed might roll in a little sometimes.

+ + + + + my boutique baby shop
Nattiecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #6
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattiecake

They're t&t/hemmed. They lay pretty flat but the sides that aren't hemmed might roll in a little sometimes.
Good to know thank you!
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #7
tuxgirl
Registered Users

If you get the larges, you can fold corners in to make a smaller flat for the newbie. That's what I do...
tuxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #8
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

depending on what fold u do i think the smalls are fine for a bigger babe, but id suggest a doubler!, or double the flats esp. for bedtime
sometimes i either double the flats together while they are folded or fold one up how im guna snappi it, and then pad fold the 2nd for the doubler
my DS is 15 months and 23 pounds with room to grow in the smalls. also i had the larges and although they did work fine, the were definitely bigger. i didnt 'need' them that big, when he gets older though i will size up again lol
also id like to add these are my FAVORITE flats, when i was first trying flats i had like 5 different brands and these were the softest, thickest (weave), and mine pretty much lay perfectly flat... id highly recommend GMD flats!!!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #9
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think the fold i usually do is called the kite fold maybe...i dont remember and id like to add. DS will probably get the larges when hes over 2 years maybe...but even then he might not need them, im pretty sure ive seen 3 yr olds still wearing the smalls pinned on. GMD's flats sizes are bigger than other brands (others shrink WAY more) HTH!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #10
Khaag55
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Momma
i think the fold i usually do is called the kite fold maybe...i dont remember and id like to add. DS will probably get the larges when hes over 2 years maybe...but even then he might not need them, im pretty sure ive seen 3 yr olds still wearing the smalls pinned on. GMD's flats sizes are bigger than other brands (others shrink WAY more) HTH!
Thanks so much!!! I am going to be placing my order tonight my 17 month old is tiny and absolutely no butt lol so I think smalls will work fine like u said