Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
painless med free birth?

I've heard some women having a totally pain free birth without the use of meds! I've also read that some women have an orgasm while pushing. How is this even possible?

I'm not looking to have an orgasm, but I'd love to know how to lessen my pain while in labor/pushing.

This is baby #5, and 3 out of my 4 babies were totally pain med free. My first I had a heads up baby with shoulder distocia, and had no clue labor would be hard. Heck, I was so nieve.

BUT, I do remember when I was having really bad contractions with my 4th, my midwife came to me, and pushed on my lower back, and the pain went away right away! How'd she do that?

Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 12:20 AM   #2
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: painless med free birth?

ive read that too but for me both my natural births were not painless
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #3
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Yeah for me I don't think that would ever be possible, lol.

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:10 AM   #4
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bookmarking to see what others say
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #5
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had 2 natural births but neither were painless. Though my second one was so much better. I used some hypno birthing techniques and for me the best thing was to just relax everything and let te pain take over completely. It sounds strange but it worked. By the end when it was super painful, I could feel dd moving down with each contraction. And pushing was in the tub and very short. Like 3 pushes so it was fine too. I seriously had PTSD after my first birth (induction) because t was so painful. So this birth was very healing for me. I dont know if labor can be painless, but it can still be a wonderful experience. Hth!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #6
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dp

Last edited by babyrosie; 04-15-2013 at 08:36 AM.
babyrosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #7
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My friend just had a natural birth and she said that the hypno babies stuff made it a lot better! She didn't have to walk around or get in the tub or anything. She was able to lie in bed and labor and relax. She said she could feel the pain but it wasn't overwhelming. And at the end she didnt feel completely worn out and was able to enjoy her son when he first came out.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My MIL has had 5 babies, and says her last one was a painless labor. IDK if this is related, but I've also read this article that states that drinking raw milk during pregnancy can decrease labor pains, due to the mineral availability. Not sure exactly how accurate that is, but it might be worth looking into.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #9
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Honestly, while I think some level of our perception of pain can be controlled through various techniques, but I also believe at some point that the amount of pain we are in is really a matter of our bodies themselves. Everyone's labor is different and each labor for each person can be totally different. I think it can really come right down to each time there are different nerve cells in different areas being activated in different ways because of the uniqueness in each individual situation.

So, I don't think a truly painless birth is really going to be possible for MOST women. I think some might have it, but I think it's more thanks to chance than anything they have done. Same with "orgasmic" birth (and honestly I would be extremely uncomfortable to have THAT happen while giving birth lol) I think though that many women can use whatever particular techniques work for them to try to manage and work within the pain they have.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #10
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have heard that hypnobabies can make you have a pain free labor. I took the class and I practice almost every night. Hypnobabies teaches you to relax and let your body do what it is designed to do. They say that the reason labor hurts so bad is because you expect it to. And that causes tension and you fight your body and that leads to the pain. They also teach you to self hypnotize in order to block the pain from your mind. I know a man who has chronic back pain and was on a high level of morphine for his pain, he learned how to self hypnotize and has been med free and pain free for a year now! Hypnosis can really work if you practice and dedicate to it
alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote