Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-19-2007, 07:37 PM   #1
Registered Users
Fresh Strawberry Recipes

It's strawberry season and I need some good fresh strawberry recipes! My FIL is bringing us 2 gallons of fresh strawberries tomorrow and I need ideas. We'll freeze some of them but I'd like to make some cakes, etc. Obviously there's strawberry shortcake, but what else can I make? Recipes would be awesome too!

Wendy~ Homebirthing, Homeschooling, SAHM, Cloth diapering to: Jason (2/03) and Benjamin (1/06)
benjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:49 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Fresh Strawberry Recipes

mmmmm sounds yummy. I love strawberries on salad, I use lettuce, strawberries, manderin oranges, and raspberry vinegrette, and almonds.
Amanda mommy to ds 3/13/05 and dd 9/11/06 and dd2 2-24-08-- dd3 1/19/12
2under2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

We lost 95% of our strawberries all the peaches..heck we dont have fruit here this year after that April freeze.
I normally make a fresh strawberry cake with strawberry whipped cream icing.
Strawberry bread-go wild and put some cream cheese on it.
2 gallons though you wont get much left if your going to freeze some..really not that many berries
Then for a great cold drink take 2 cups oj a cup or so of non fat plain yogurt
a scoop or so of strawberry or orange sherbert add some strawberries fresh blueberries and a bananna.Stick it in the blender and yum.I make this every nearly every night.Oh it makes two big cups full.During the fruit seasons I vary as the fruit is here but this year not even an apple made it.
Oh see why I don't give out other recipies-I cook all the time and most of my things are not measured other than the important stuff
Holly Wife for 18 years DS Kevin 5/28/91 showing us daily the wonders of Aspergers Megan 5/20/03 Ethan 3/23/05
Take a walk with an autistic person and see the World as it should be...beuatiful and full of wonder
HBuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #4

This is a variation for diabetics, but I REALLY like it too! (dh's family is diabetic)

1/2 pound cake (think a half a bundt pan), crumbled
1 small package french vanilla instant pudding, prepared
about 2 cups (or more if you want) sliced strawberries
1 cup splenda

Add the splenda to the prepared pudding and mix well, add strawberries and mix well...pour over crumbled pound cake and "toss" gently. Eat or cover and refridgerate immediately!

WONDERFUL and tasty...ok, wonder if it's ok to have cravings AFTER the baby is born?? LOL
Mommyof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote