Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question HELP Stroller recommendations

Our Phil & Ted's just couldn't face the thought of another spring/summer of heavy use after 6 years and has gone to stroller heaven.

Now I am in a panic because she was like my right arm, GOD how I LOVED that stroller.

Since we have a 19 month old with special needs I cannot live without a stroller, getting to all his appointments and around hospitals etc. I need recommendations for a good one.

Some I have found that I am considering are the Quinny Freestyle 4XL, Quinny Buzz or the Phil & Ted's Smart.

I would love something with real tires, since that is what I loved so much about our Phil & Teds E3.

Advertisement

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.~John Wooden"
ISO: WCW cuffed longies or bloomers size Small

Last edited by momgoddesswife; 04-17-2013 at 09:21 AM.
momgoddesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP Stroller recommendations

I am sorry that happened to you. I would go with something you know. If you think that the Phil and Teds would work for you then I would get that over switching brands. That is unless you think your child will need to be in a stroller for longer then normal and 44lbs weight limit could be an issue for you. Then I would look into something else.

I am getting (just ordered so it hasn't even got here yet) a Baby Jogger City Elite because my children are giants. I need something to take a heavier child for longer. This stroller has a 75 lbs weight limit. I will not need it that long, but it is nice to know that it is there if I need it.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have heard great things about the Baby Jogger ones, the city mini in particular, do they have real tires?

At least we only need a single now so that will be nice and open our options more.

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.~John Wooden"
Old 04-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #4
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am not sure about the city mini as it was too small for our needs, however the city elite that we are getting has real air filled tires but doesn't require an air pump. http://www.babyjogger.com/city_mini_sngl_dtl.aspx It looks like it doesn't have air filled tires.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I am not sure about the city mini as it was too small for our needs, however the city elite that we are getting has real air filled tires but doesn't require an air pump. http://www.babyjogger.com/city_mini_sngl_dtl.aspx It looks like it doesn't have air filled tires.
Thank you. I am going to look at the Elite more, maybe I can find it used, it looks a lot like our Phil & Teds.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
DallasK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have an elite and the height of the seats is short for my tall almost three year old. The mini or mini gt is what I would get if I were getting a single stroller. Even though my toddler is tall I would not trade my elite for any other double stroller, I love the options. The tires are called something silly like ever fill or something like that so they don't go flat but aren't cheapy plastic tires. I had a stroller before and I hated putting air in the tires. I want a mini or a mini gt so bad because I love they way they fold and I like that you can put a huge kid in there if you need to.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #7
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasK View Post
I have an elite and the height of the seats is short for my tall almost three year old. The mini or mini gt is what I would get if I were getting a single stroller. Even though my toddler is tall I would not trade my elite for any other double stroller, I love the options. The tires are called something silly like ever fill or something like that so they don't go flat but aren't cheapy plastic tires. I had a stroller before and I hated putting air in the tires. I want a mini or a mini gt so bad because I love they way they fold and I like that you can put a huge kid in there if you need to.
Funny, we tested it on my 4.5 years old long torso, tall son and it was the only stroller that fit him AT all. He was 3 foot 10 in January (so he was 4 years 3 months old). He was wearing shoes for that measurement but that would add an inch at most.

It is funny how some people can have completely different opinions for the same thing.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
Annedee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a Quinny Buzz and it's pretty nice. It's the only stroller I have ever owned. It does take 2 hands to steer or push forward and the handle allows your diaper bag to slide down when you are using stroller straps. I like that the seat can be either facing you or facing forward and I love how it is easy to maneuver. It can do a 180 on it's own footprint so you don't get stuck and have to back out of tight spaces. Good luck on your decision
Annedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I super sparkly hard love my Baby Jogger City Mini. My 6 year old still fits. It folds small, and is easy to steer one handed. We spend a lot of time at the children's hospital, too.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have the BAby Jogger City Mini Double and love it! But, that Baby Jogger Versa is SuhWeet! Check it out!
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote