Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Best carrier for housework

I wore DS a lot. I used a ring sling and an Ergo, but I was never able to get the hang of doing most house work while wearing him. When ever I would bend over I was afraid he would fall out. By the time the time I started back wearing he was too heavy to bend over comfortably. With a new baby on the way id really like something a can wear the newbie in while cleaning. What's the best carrier for unloading the dish washer, picking up toys of the floor and scrubbing the bathroom?

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

Re: Best carrier for housework

woven wrap! I would not have been able to survive without my woven when #2 came along. I tried unsuccessfully to do housework with Ladybug using our Moby and Hostling and it never ever worked, I just can't do anything with a baby up front. I started wearing Itsy on my back at 3 weeks.

But, it's a steep learning curve and took a lot of practice.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did all of my housework with my youngest in a mei tai. I could back wear him from very young and never felt uncomfortable bending down. The trick is to bend at the knees not the waist (which is important anyway, don't want to hurt your knees). I could do housework in a podegi as well but not quite as securely, I preferred it for walks. I know women the world over use them though, I think it was just a matter of spending time getting more comfortable with it. I wore Tharen from about 4weeks till at least 2 on my back for general housework (he was super clingy and has special needs) and wore him when out till he was closer to 5. He was not a small child either, 30lbs at 1year. I just used an old style Free Hand Mei Tai and it was incredibly comfortable. I also liked Kozy and had a WAHM made narrow body podegi.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
sugardumplings
Registered Users
seller

I second the woven wraps! I do pretty much everything with little guy wrapped on my back! I love them! Especially when trying to play with the 2 yr old too or run after him is more like it! LOL! If you need help finding one or any questions about wovens I would be happy to help!
sugardumplings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I third! Woven and/or a mei tai! So think along the lines of a Moby Wrap if you want that snug-extension-of-your-body type of fit. I don't know another carrier that will allow you to move about as well. The mei tai is great because you can get the baby right up next to you and when he or she is a little bigger, the back carries are the best!
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #6
junvwekt
Registered Users
seller

I've been wondering the same thing as OP. What brands/stores do y'all recommend for a woven wrap?
junvwekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
sugardumplings
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by junvwekt View Post
I've been wondering the same thing as OP. What brands/stores do y'all recommend for a woven wrap?
There are tons of great brands! Some more expensive than others! Great inexpensive brands are Dolcino and Little Frog. Ive got Little Frog wraps and ring slings for pre-order on my store at http://hyenacart.com/stores/sugardumplings/. They range from $54 for a ring sling or size 4 to $97 for a sz 7 linen blend rainbow. You can also do a deposit for the pre-order so you dont have to pay all at once. We are also on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sugardumplingsfluff
sugardumplings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #8
skibum311
Registered Users

I just bought a moby wrap and cannot wait to try it out. I heard that I should be able to breastfeed while wearing it. Would be great for multi-tasking.
skibum311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #9
Zipfelmuetze
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Moby or Boba and I also have a Chinado (Like Mei Thai).
Zipfelmuetze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
Pearsag
Registered Users

My Mood:

Iris0110' did you switch to a toddler mt when your child was older? if so at what age, weight did the standard size no longer work for you?
Pearsag is offline   Reply With Quote