Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
melissa621
Registered Users
seller

Rash help!

My 6 week old has had a rash that hasn't gone away after about a week. We recently switched formula to enfamil gentlease from similac and he has been pooping a lot more...almost every diaper change. I was cloth diapering him during the day and disposables at night. Last week he started to get red and over the next few days, it got rough and started peeling. Its been raw looking for the past few days. I've tried various diaper rash creams with no success. Suggestions?

Advertisement

melissa621 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Regular maalox or mylanta mixed with aquaphor. This is magic. If that doesn't clear it up it may be yeast or staph and you'll need to see a doc.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rash help!

Does that formula have milk in it? That sounds like the really REALLY bad eczema my kids get if they have any cow's milk.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Milk will do that to my kids, too...

Definitely sounds like eczema to me!
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #5
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rash help!

It's hard to say without seeing what you're talking about. But, I thought the normal things like eczema, yeast, psoriasis, etc with my 2 younger kids. Come to find out, when they potty-learned, it gradually healed! It ended up being their pee! YES! Their delicate skin was too sensitive for their own pee and it got worse when they started eating solids. We had the most stressful years dealing with that! We did the CJs, coconut oil, every diaper ointment, went to the dermatologist and did all of their staph medicines...nothing helped. They ruled out allergy because there was no intestinal upset with bleeding or strange gases, they didn't act abnormal. They were just irritated that their butt and private parts were raw and hurting them! Until you know for sure that it's caused by something dietary (which is serious; you need to know if you are suspicious! if it's a food intolerance/allergy you will see a systemic reaction - not just a rash), I would just seriously find or make the thickest paste you can find and lather it on thick! That's the only thing that helped our kids. Unfortunately I couldn't cloth diaper during those times, but it gave us all a more peaceful home. We could use the Flip, Grovia, and gdiaper disposables with covers! With each change, we would simply pat their bum to remove any urine and we would do a wash if it was a poo. Then reapply the paste. Oatmeal baths were wonderul as well naked time with a good rub of coconut oil. But you definitely need to do what you gotta do to make sure this isn't something more serious! Not to discredit other posters, but I wouldn't suggest assuming. You need to KNOW! I wish you the best momma!
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote