Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #11
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I hear a lot (from the different forums I've read) about doctors wanting to induce at 39 weeks EVEN when your sugars have been within range the entire time (controlled by diet). What's the deal with that?

Advertisement

BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #12
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Got diagnosed with GD today :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
I hear a lot (from the different forums I've read) about doctors wanting to induce at 39 weeks EVEN when your sugars have been within range the entire time (controlled by diet). What's the deal with that?
I'm surprised by this as well. I'm in your DDC and I had GD last time. I didn't really end up doing any special diet, I just watched my numbers and avoided the things that made my sugars go real high. I'm 17wks+1 and my OB hasn't even mentioned GD or testing for it. I went to 40wks+5 with DD and might end up going further with this one.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #13
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bumping to hear from more moms. :-)
Old 04-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #14
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonmartin

I'm surprised by this as well. I'm in your DDC and I had GD last time. I didn't really end up doing any special diet, I just watched my numbers and avoided the things that made my sugars go real high. I'm 17wks+1 and my OB hasn't even mentioned GD or testing for it. I went to 40wks+5 with DD and might end up going further with this one.
Do you have the same OB you had before? And was your 40w5d baby induced or did they come on their own?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #15
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon

Do you have the same OB you had before? And was your 40w5d baby induced or did they come on their own?
Yep same OB. I got my membranes stripped, but that's was it. She was actually a really quick(almost to quick) and easy delivery. She was bigger than DS by 1lb 5 oz(7.14 at birth) but I only gained 35lbs with her compared to 50 with DS. I'll be interested to see how this one will compare to my first two.