Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
birdinhand
Registered Users

Updates on Babies -- Add Yours

Ezra and Cooper. Ezra is 13 days old today. Our midwife stopped by tonight for a visit. He was 8 pounds, 1 ounce at birth. Day 3 he was 7 pounds, 15 ounces. Today he was 8 pounds, 6 ounces. And Cooper says we can keep him.

How's your April Baby doing?

Advertisement

birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #2
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Updates on Babies -- Add Yours

Molly is 16 days old today. Crazy to think her EDD is this Sunday. Nursing and pooping like a champ, but we're being told that she's slightly underweight. Can sleep for 2-3 hour stretches at night. Born at 7 lbs, 2.2 oz, 19.75", she weighed in at her two week appointment at 7 lbs, 20.25".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	140794  

Last edited by USNsis; 04-20-2013 at 02:19 AM.
USNsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:51 AM   #3
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nate is 6 weeks old today! He weighed in at 8#4oz (up 13 oz in a week), almost putting him on the growth chart. Here he is finally fitting in his take home outfit longies (over a osocozy flat)!

Old 04-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #4
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

birdinhand - Ezra's so precious! Love the dog with him Our dog always loves new babies in the house - he was so happy when I came home with Piper!
Love that blanket too!

Erin - She's grown in length, though, that's gotta count for something! for some good weight gain for her this week. Have you tried/started breast compressions when she's nursing? You'd do them at the end of the feed, when she's latched on but not sucking. They can add a good couple minutes onto some feeds - and a couple minutes extra of hindmilk may make a big difference!

Meg - He's adorable! And holy weight gain!

AFP: She's doing great! Sleeping really well at night still (which is awesome for mommy!), she nurses awesome and hates the paci (which I secretly am very happy for!).
I have no clue what she's weighing now, though I don't think she's lost anything more - at 24hrs old she was only down to 7lb14oz, only a loss of 5oz. I'll get her in for a 2 week appt sometime week after next.
The only troubles we're having:
-she's got a rotten diaper rash and I just about sob every time I change her I hate hearing her cry and know that she's in pain. We've been putting a lotrimin cream on it, which seems to be helping some - so I'm assuming it's partly yeast troubles, but it's not totally cleared up yet. We're going to be in town today and depending on how the morning goes, I may stop at our Dr's office and see what ideas he has about it.
-this girl pees like no baby we've ever had before!! She leaks out a couple times through the days and always at night! I've even tried double stuffing diapers and different ideas, and she's still able to pee through them! lol, she needs more all ready than Levi ever did at night Last night we did a fitted + a softbums overtop - that was with the insert too, so really, 2 diapers, lol. She did make it through dry till morning though!
-the absolute worst trouble of all... she's losing her hair !!! I love her newborn mop of that dark hair! It's not coming out as fast or as much as Levi's did, so I'm still it won't all leave. But I'm sad she lost any at all!

This was a couple days ago, with DS2
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #5
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Madelyn is 3 weeks old today! She is sleeping good @ night, wakes up only 2 times and goes right back to sleep once she nurses. She was 7lbs 5oz @ birth and 7lbs when we left the hospital. Yesterday she was 9lbs 3oz, so she is gaining great. She is FINALLY not screaming every time she gets a bath, lol..we were bathing her as fast as possible b/c she hated it so much!

Old 04-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand View Post

Ezra and Cooper. Ezra is 13 days old today. Our midwife stopped by tonight for a visit. He was 8 pounds, 1 ounce at birth. Day 3 he was 7 pounds, 15 ounces. Today he was 8 pounds, 6 ounces. And Cooper says we can keep him.
He is adorable, and your dog is so sweet looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
Molly is 16 days old today. Crazy to think her EDD is this Sunday. Nursing and pooping like a champ, but we're being told that she's slightly underweight. Can sleep for 2-3 hour stretches at night. Born at 7 lbs, 2.2 oz, 19.75", she weighed in at her two week appointment at 7 lbs, 20.25".
She is so cute! I would think growing length wise has to count for something..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Nate is 6 weeks old today! He weighed in at 8#4oz (up 13 oz in a week), almost putting him on the growth chart. Here he is finally fitting in his take home outfit longies (over a osocozy flat)!

aww..so sweet! Love the longies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

AFP: She's doing great! Sleeping really well at night still (which is awesome for mommy!), she nurses awesome and hates the paci (which I secretly am very happy for!).
I have no clue what she's weighing now, though I don't think she's lost anything more - at 24hrs old she was only down to 7lb14oz, only a loss of 5oz. I'll get her in for a 2 week appt sometime week after next.
The only troubles we're having:
-she's got a rotten diaper rash and I just about sob every time I change her I hate hearing her cry and know that she's in pain. We've been putting a lotrimin cream on it, which seems to be helping some - so I'm assuming it's partly yeast troubles, but it's not totally cleared up yet. We're going to be in town today and depending on how the morning goes, I may stop at our Dr's office and see what ideas he has about it.
-this girl pees like no baby we've ever had before!! She leaks out a couple times through the days and always at night! I've even tried double stuffing diapers and different ideas, and she's still able to pee through them! lol, she needs more all ready than Levi ever did at night Last night we did a fitted + a softbums overtop - that was with the insert too, so really, 2 diapers, lol. She did make it through dry till morning though!
-the absolute worst trouble of all... she's losing her hair !!! I love her newborn mop of that dark hair! It's not coming out as fast or as much as Levi's did, so I'm still it won't all leave. But I'm sad she lost any at all!

This was a couple days ago, with DS2
Madelyn has a rash too. It is doing better now (using Burts Bees diaper cream on it). I don't think it is yeast, I think it is b/c she poops SO often that it is burning her bum a bit, so slathering on lots of cream keeps the poo off her skin so it can heal. Hope Piper's rash heals quickly!

Love love love the pic of your DS holding her, he looks so delighted
Old 04-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ben is 3w4d old (3-27) about 9lb-ish, up from 7.11lb
Sleeping at night pretty good, just awake for feeds
May be developing reflux
Super gassy and every dipe is poopy.

Attachment 140840

Attachment 140839

All these babies are soooo cute!!!!
We are lucky!!
I cant believe nate is 6 weeks!!!!

Last edited by momneedssupport; 05-08-2013 at 07:03 AM.
momneedssupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #8
SarahBk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rosie is doing great, she eats about every 2.5 to three hours, she seems to be gaining better per our LC visit on Thursday. She's having more frequent and longer periods of being awake and alert A few times of spitting up, so we are keeping an eye on that.

Here she is this morning, asleep in her favorite pose

SarahBk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
birdinhand
Registered Users

I think Ezra at have a posterior tongue tie. What I have been assuming is a persistent shallow latch may actually be anatomical...just saw a pic of him crying and position of his tongue last night and trying to figure it out.

Such cute babies! So weird. I woke to nurse Ezra last night and was overcome and shocked with the feeling that he was mine! I couldn't believe it, lol.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #10
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love this thread! Can't wait til all our Apr mamas can update!

Mom to Joey (Feb 2010) and another on the way (Apr 2013)!