Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #11
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Mel

Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's the weekend!

Morning mamacitas. We had a sprinkling of snow too. Glad I didn't start the garden yet.

Happy Bday Jerry!

(((Mel))). This is why will and estate planning is so important. There should be one person who decides your fate in such a scenario, and it should be somebody *you* pick and who is familiar with your wishes. I have been putting this off for YEARS. Have all the forms to fill out to get it done legally and they just sit, and I have personally witness the ugliness that ensues when these precautions have not been taken. Gah. I hope they do right by your Granny with the least amount of family strife.

The girls have been sweeping and dusting voluntarily. I am suspicious of their motives.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #13
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Mel, that is such a hard time for families. My Mom's family was saved by my Grandmother telling them all that she needed to be in a home.

Breakfast was yummy. Two balls of pie dough chilling...now we shall see if they actually roll

I have spent some time this morning re-braiding Kaya's (american girl doll) hair for MH. Next up is pretzel dough. Then get the posole in the pot and cooking. I just realized I may have to make an alternative for MH, she should be happy with ham and cheese on a pretzel.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #14
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The thing is, though, is that Granny never wanted to go into a home. Was sure she wanted to stay home until the end. Now, though, she is using diapers. At the moment she cannot walk. She cannot make her own meals. Even SHE said yesterday that they should contact the home. But my aunt is still against it. Unless my aunt is going to quit her job or go on leave to take care of Granny, I sort of think that everyone's warm fuzzy feelings aren't enough to solve the problems, yk?

Waiting for E to be done making the birthday card for his friend to pop upstairs and take a shower.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #15
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

(((Mel))) That is hard. But you are right, unless you have several people ready to take care of her full-time, living at home won't be an option for her.

I am mad at American Girl right now. They sent me a "gentle reminder" I haven't mailed back the stuff they sent me in error at Xmas. Asked me to tell them what happened, if I did mail it, if I needed a new shipping label to do it, or if I wanted to keep the stuff and charge it to my card. Seriously? And never so much as offered me a coupon or anything. Dude, *you* sent this to me. *I* told you so you could make it right with the person who probably ordered this stuff for a Xmas present would get it on time. This is not a good example of great customer service. I am inclined not to purchase their products any more.

My home looks really good right now. We are trying to figure out what all we want to do today.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #16
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

The cupboard (not yet full but it will be soon) with the kids stuff from the living room cupboard.

Fynn's nook bed was made today. I trimmed down a full size mattress to fit the space. There is a piece of wood missing but we're too tired to finish it now. He has a new bed-set in a satin finish (a full size blanket and a flat pillow) in summery colours. The metal siding is just there until he's a bit older and wont fall out of bed. It slides open and closed too.

Finally the new key cupboard with chalk board (I have chalk pens to write on it) and the new light switch.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #17
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Looks great Janine.

Mel has your aunt heard your granny say that she thinks the home is an option?

And....now we are at the ER with Jerry's mom. I am thinking kindey infection. Sigh
Old 04-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #18
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

sorry jen
Old 04-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #19
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sorry that Nalli isn't feeling well Jen.

Yes, my aunt was the one talking to Granny when Granny asked her to call the home. Granny was all "We should call the home, don't you think?" and she said "I don't know, what do you think?" If she had just said yes, it would have been fine. But Granny won't do anything without her approval.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #20
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ugh. That is hard Mel

Still nothing from the docs