Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Flat Users: How do you fold your flats to store them?

I am mainly using padfolded flats.....but, I want to use other folds too on our toddler. Then when new baby comes I want to use different folds on the newbie too. It is so time consuming to me to try and fold one kite style etc while baby is waiting on me.....I can't wrap my brain around how to fold it up to store though to maximize space and so that they don't just fall apart when I am moving them from laundry basket to drawer then grabbing one out to put OTB.....I would love to know how you all do it to make it easiest and faster.

Advertisement

nicolehedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
jandymordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Flat Users: How do you fold your flats to store them?

I use the jo fold. Easy to store mostly folded, then just pull out the wings and fold down the back to get the right rise.
jandymordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The diaper bag fold or the airplane fold are good for prefolding.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think the fold I have been using is called the terry square? It's on this page - http://m.wikihow.com/Fold-a-Cloth-Diaper

Anyway, after getting the diapers out of the dryer I go ahead and fold them into this shape and carefully place where they belong. Once I need them, I just get one out.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

I usually do the origami fold and just have it folded and upwrap it before I put it OTB. It stores nicely all folded. I also have just folded them up almost pad folded and then folded it at the changing table, but that isn't ideal.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almacham View Post
I think the fold I have been using is called the terry square? It's on this page - http://m.wikihow.com/Fold-a-Cloth-Diaper

Anyway, after getting the diapers out of the dryer I go ahead and fold them into this shape and carefully place where they belong. Once I need them, I just get one out.
That is a great link!! I like how they show so simply....and the idea of just stacking 2 flats together is a great idea! I am going to have to practice these tonight.

Thank you all for your tips. It helps to know it can be done....I use need to keep experimenting.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
Nattiecake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almacham View Post

Wow, I've never seen some of those folds! Thanks for the link!

+ + + + + my boutique baby shop
Nattiecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #8
Nattiecake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I fold all my flats when they come out of the dryer. I do the kite fold and neat fold. When I'm done folding, I stack them on a shelf for easy grabbing! I'm so used to folding them that it takes me like 10-15 seconds to fold one, which is only 5 or 6 minutes to fold a couple dozen! Just as easy as stuffing pockets, or easier in my opinion.

+ + + + + my boutique baby shop
Nattiecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #9
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattiecake View Post
I fold all my flats when they come out of the dryer. I do the kite fold and neat fold. When I'm done folding, I stack them on a shelf for easy grabbing! I'm so used to folding them that it takes me like 10-15 seconds to fold one, which is only 5 or 6 minutes to fold a couple dozen! Just as easy as stuffing pockets, or easier in my opinion.
Want to come fold mine for me? it takes me minutes to do it....I know it would be better with time, but I just get so frustrated I wind up padfolding. Then I come on here and see all of the pictures with how cute they look all folded up.....and have to try different folds again.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #10
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

For the toddler, I kite fold and store them that way. For the baby, I fold in fourths and angel wing fold on him, but he's still tiny.