Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2006, 08:33 AM   #11
Momma_of_3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Who DOES NOT use pockets?

I don't usepockets either. I did but they leaked so I sold them all. We mainly use fitteds & covers or w/o covers now we are using wool too. We also use aios & ai2s.

Advertisement

Always ISO-medium baybee aios~ any color & medium pws!
Momma_of_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:35 AM   #12
Christy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use fitteds and a cover or wool.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:42 AM   #13
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

I loath pocket dipes!!!! What a waste of time! I do have a couple and I lay a prefold inthem rather than "stuff" I use either a prefold or fitted and wool or I have lots of Little lambs wiht the trifold soaker and they dry rather quickly ( I know people have a love hate relationship wiht LL but I like them...)
Old 06-17-2006, 09:58 AM   #14
Quiverfillin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to LOVE pockets, but now I have moved on! LOL We still use pockets when we are going somewhere like church ~nursery workers do not understand PF's!~ but at home and running around we use PF's & fitteds with wool & covers.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:10 AM   #15
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started making pockets so I could try them out (as you know ). I like them for their trimness, but I'm not real fond of stuff them either. (Or removing the dirty insert! ) I just doubled the time it takes me to fold and put away diapers! I LOVE pfs!!! Call me old fashioned but for months all I used on Torrin was pinned pfs and covers or wool. I love pfs. I love fitteds too, esp cute ones! :P My favorite combos are pfs and wrap covers or fitteds and wool. I like having my pockets on hand though for the cute outfits that Eliana has that she needs a trim diaper to go under. I also hate covering up her cute diapers and covers otherwise - so those outfits would never get worn without the pockets! My hubby doesn't even use the pockets.. he grabs a WWB with a snap in sleeve before grabbing a pocket! Yesterday he was changing Eliana and I said "There's stuffed pockets on the bed." A couple minutes later he says "Where's the pink snap in?" (for one of her WWBs). He even stuffed the sleeve himself!

Last edited by ChurchPunkMom; 06-17-2006 at 10:11 AM.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:25 AM   #16
raversangel
Banned

all fitteds here and some prefolds as well, gotta love the simplicity of it and ease of cleaning...and for prefolds, if they get horridly stained, oh well, throw it out and buy a new one for a buck i just love my fitteds too, but they do all have snap'in soakers, so i guess that could be akin to stuffing pockets, but i love doing it
raversangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:08 AM   #17
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never even seen one in person. I use AI2s almost exclusively, and some Wool-In-2s.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:26 AM   #18
jodi5
Registered Users

[QUOTE=zonapellucida]I loath pocket dipes!!!! What a waste of time! I do have a couple and I lay a prefold inthem rather than "stuff" QUOTE]

So, I'm not the only one who does this, lol. Sounds like there are a bunch of us using prefolds and covers, so much easier. (contrary to popular belief!)
Old 06-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #19
suzhatch1
Registered Users
seller

Count me in as an anti-pocket person! (As well as anti-velcro!)

Don't get me wrong, I used pockets for awhile, but found that I just didn't like stuffing them. We've converted entirely to AI2s & fitteds w/wool.
suzhatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 03:02 PM   #20
Mizelenius
Registered Users

I have one (a FB) and another on the way (not a FB, don't like the fit) Stuffing them doesn't bother me since all of my dipes require some sort of prep (folding the CPF, putting doublers in, snapping in soakers in my fitteds, etc.) and neither does pulling out the insert (all wet dipes are unpleasant anyway).

I just prefer my prefolds, have fitteds when I am bored, and a bunch of hemp soakers for when I want to trifold into a wrap (you know, those days when the baby won't stay still).

I just got an AI2 and it's so cute that I may have to get more.

DH will use prefolds and fitteds, but I think it makes life a little easier with pockets for him.
Mizelenius is offline   Reply With Quote