Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
leyash
Registered Users
seller

pain behind knee.

it feels muscular, but it wraps around my whole knee. it's mainly felt in the back, though. no redness. can't notice any swelling, though i'm not ruling it out. doesn't hurt at all when i push/touch/squeeze my knee or anything. i was worried about a blood clot, but it doesn't seem that i have any symptoms of one besides pain (i've never had one before). it's worse when i straighten my leg, but still hurts even when i am just walking. :/

any ideas? is it something i should call the dr. about, or can it wait until my appt. tuesday?

i'm 38+2, btw.

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: pain behind knee.

It could be nerve related. I have times where I get weird pains in my legs (different from the burning veins in my other post) and I have to shift around until I can get the baby off the nerve. It seems more in my right leg this time.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
It could be nerve related. I have times where I get weird pains in my legs (different from the burning veins in my other post) and I have to shift around until I can get the baby off the nerve. It seems more in my right leg this time.
mine definitely feels muscular. i just looked over my entire left leg and there is no abnormal redness. no pain when i touch it anywhere. i did stand for a little while lastnight doing dishes. i've not gained excessive weight this pregnancy, and i'm not overweight or anything, but i suppose it could still be from weight gain. it doesn't hurt at all when i touch it or anything, but it goes from the top of the back of my knee, to the top of my calf... about a 3-4 inch area. i can pinpoint it for the most part. it's just puzzling. this is the biggest thing about pregnancy that i hate - never knowing when to call/mention something, and when not to. with my luck, this will all be gone by the time my appt. comes around anyway, lol. ugh. i'm just such a worrier.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
leyash
Registered Users
seller

now it feels like my foot is going kind of numb.. :/

what i don't understand, is that if it were nerve related, why would it only hurt when i move it? i would think it would hurt all the time.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
leyash
Registered Users
seller

went to the dr. said it's not a blood clot. pulses look good, no major swelling, etc. so... looks like it's something muscular. still hurts, but atleast i feel better!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
now it feels like my foot is going kind of numb.. :/

what i don't understand, is that if it were nerve related, why would it only hurt when i move it? i would think it would hurt all the time.
First of all, glad everything checked out ok at the dr.

The numb foot thing is probably a circulation thing. Or a nerve thing caused by a circulation thing. Notice how I use such technical terms.

Maybe you just slept on something "wrong." We've got all the hormones relaxing our muscles and tendons and ligaments and stuff. Sometimes all it takes is one move that is not perfectly balanced in the joint to throw things off and cause pain.

And I'm with you on the not heavy, haven't gained much weight, but still manage to have aches and pains that don't make sense.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:17 AM   #7
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

You poor thing. You are a worrier. Yea its probably circulation. My pregnancy #2 my hips, and pelvic muscles would go completely numb and tingly if I stood/walked for too long.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #8
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove921 View Post
You poor thing. You are a worrier. Yea its probably circulation. My pregnancy #2 my hips, and pelvic muscles would go completely numb and tingly if I stood/walked for too long.
mine do that, too! i know it's babies position/weight. sometimes when i lay on my right side, my right hip will BURN. literally, like it's on fire. gah. so uncomfortable!