Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #1
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Chat Thread ~ Apr 21st - 27th

Definitely me now - the cow, I mean, lol. Moo!

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #2
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Apr 21st - 27th

from last weeks' thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Elena with that deal Id totally buy the bucket for my own peace of mind. Because of the angle Id be worried about breathing problems or what ifs in an accident, KWIM?
Yup, that's what we did. I honestly don't know if it made any difference - certainly not a huge one, although I haven't actually checked with the level yet - but it made a difference in my own peace of mind so I guess it's worth it. DH asked me if I felt better about it, I said I don't like that we bought another seat, but do feel more comfortable with her in it, so he said that's worth it
Plus, it's stupid snowing AGAIN today, so I'm going to grab the cover for the infant seat when we go out today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
have I mentioned how DD describes it? She says 'luke eat the meep meep' lol
cause we call her nipples meep meeps
Levi says "Piper is eating your nipple again, mom."

Quote:
I am wondering if we're in the 2-3 week growth spurt. Hard to say, really. I always called it the 3week one and two different LC's have corrected me and said it could happen at 2 weeks.
Anywhere between 2-3 weeks is about right for timing of that one! Definitely could be, with the way he's nursing. Especially if you're not feeling like you're filling up between feeds - he's just trying to bring in a bit more milk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
AFM, took Ds to see a full scale Thomas the tank. Thomas is the only character toys we let him have and boy does he love those trains. He loves all things trains, really. Nate slept through it in the boba.

Yesterday, though, I over did it. Lll meeting, lunch out, Nate's weight check, groceries, made dinner for a friend on bed rest, drove back to base to deliver, and was up all night with the noisy sleeper. Glad dh has the weekend off!
Levi would love to see a big thomas! Take it easy today

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
So I'm O-, so I needed the Rhophylac shot. I got a bill: $700+ for the shot and I owe $350 of it. thank goodness I didn't just pay it cuz I thought that was crazy!!!! My insurance said it looks like a coding error and they've submitted it for review... got another statement saying I may owe $300 for my STD testing... won't be paying THAT until I check on it. Sheesh!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I got a few of those kinda bills too! $800 for my mfm because they still haven't received my referral... so I have a call in to my ob now.
the bills?!!!!

Quote:
I just want him to take a little nap. Just a little one. Or a big one.

I've been so useless today. He did take a little nap this morning and I wore him grocery shopping. Besides that, I've been sitting in my little nest on the couch alternating boobs. Better be a growth spurt
Does he nap when you're wearing him? I'd just pop him in a sling/wrap/whatnot and wear him around the house if he does. At least you could get things done while he naps, kwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
Waiting on her to finish up with "Righty" so I can go back to bed!

AFM: Piper slept really well last night - unfortunately, I woke up half-way through the night SO engorged, I had to wake her up to feed so I could get some relief and go back to sleep myself! It was an interesting feed - she was half asleep still and not really wanting to nurse at first, I bugged her until she angrily latched on, lol.

Today we've got church, then bible study afterwards. At least we have DH's parents' house to relax at in town now - otherwise I totally wouldn't be going.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

I woke up with a terrible headache and stomachache this LO wasn't moving so much. Sat down to cuddle with DS and watch and movie and now I've felt her move around a bit. I had a horrible time sleeping last night, not sure why. I'm just feeling off today. Glad to be home and hoping this little girl decides to come soon!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #4
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh, terrible stomach ache today... Just now getting better.

I don't keep track, but I'm sure she nurses about 3 times a night. Usually goes right back to sleep.

I change her at least once during the night, she's still pooping at night.

Still having problems with overactive letdown. =( Sprayed her in the face a couple times already today. It's so annoying. I have to have washcloths and burp rags around for almost every feeding if I don't want to drench myself or my daughter. Poor little thing chokes and coughs sometimes because of it.

She's totally got tons of baby acne. Don't say put breastmilk on it, I have an inkling that may be causing it...she gets a lot on her face.

Sigh...and she's still a lot easier to deal with than my two year old!

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy Sunday, ladies! Got a cute little girl on my boob and we're waiting for daddy to finish getting ready so we can have a family outing.

Anyone do the Great Cloth Diaper Change yesterday? I made out like a bandit with CJ's BUTTer freebies, since they're a local company. The weather is finally nice today, but the forecast for the week is all over the board.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #6
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Got a nursing Luke now and DH took DD to the park. He slept well last night and then took a nap this morning.

I'm sure he'd sleep in the carrier, but he wasn't interested in sleeping yesterday. Just nursing. Definitely more full today - lol. Seems a little early for a growth spurt, but babies don't have calendars so....
Old 04-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Heading home. Harper is sleeping and I am sitting in the back with her. Thinking I should get a moby until she fits great into ergo even though I have the infant insert
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #8
andrea020611
Registered Users

I'm also finding my newborn much less work than my toddler. DD is having trouble adjusting I think, she's been melting down over nothing which isn't like her. She is also not sleeping well, staying up late and waking 3-4 times a night. I miss my sweet girl

At least I'm feeling like there is light at the end of the tunnel recovery wise. My stitches are starting to feel better and breastfeeding gets less painful everyday. I had major engorgement which left me with clogged ducts, today I think I'm finally feeling more empty after feeding!!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #9
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I woke up with a terrible headache and stomachache this LO wasn't moving so much. Sat down to cuddle with DS and watch and movie and now I've felt her move around a bit. I had a horrible time sleeping last night, not sure why. I'm just feeling off today. Glad to be home and hoping this little girl decides to come soon!
Maybe delivery isn't too far off! I felt terrible before I went into labor with DS1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo View Post

She's totally got tons of baby acne. Don't say put breastmilk on it, I have an inkling that may be causing it...she gets a lot on her face.

Sigh...and she's still a lot easier to deal with than my two year old!
Your "don't say breast milk..." comment made me giggle. You know this community well! Nate has terrible infant acne, too. All over his face, chin, neck, scalp and then down onto his shoulders and chest. Its definitely not from breast milk, although he spits up a lot.

Not much going on here. Almost threw my dh out a window, but it would have split my stitches and we live in a one story anyway. Then he made it up to me all afternoon, washing dishes and clothes. I made him go grocery shopping so I didn't have to lift and now we are meeting a friend for dinner at Moe's!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #10
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny

Maybe delivery isn't too far off! I felt terrible before I went into labor with DS1.

Your "don't say breast milk..." comment made me giggle. You know this community well! Nate has terrible infant acne, too. All over his face, chin, neck, scalp and then down onto his shoulders and chest. Its definitely not from breast milk, although he spits up a lot.

Not much going on here. Almost threw my dh out a window, but it would have split my stitches and we live in a one story anyway. Then he made it up to me all afternoon, washing dishes and clothes. I made him go grocery shopping so I didn't have to lift and now we are meeting a friend for dinner at Moe's!
Lol! At least he knows how to make up big time.

Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote