Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
Heading home. Harper is sleeping and I am sitting in the back with her. Thinking I should get a moby until she fits great into ergo even though I have the infant insert
Everyone I talk to that has a moby raves about how amazing it is for nbs! And they look great in the pics as well.

I already have a sakura bloom ring sling and a didymous(sp?) wrap or I would be all over the moby!

Advertisement

Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #12
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hoping Luke doesn't need to nurse all day tomorrow once DH goes back to work. I can't see how my nipple is gonna heal. I mean, heal yes... But it seems like a chunk of it is going to be missing. We'll see.

Daddy is finally getting good Luke cuddles. Which means I'm grilling steaks. Hope I do a good job!

I thought the 'don't say breastmilk' comment was funny too you know you're on DS when the 2 big solutions to every problem are 1) breastmilk and 2) eliminating dairy, gluten and all dyes. No offense to anyone, I hope. But I do find it a bit humorous.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #13
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Apr 21st - 27th

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I thought the 'don't say breastmilk' comment was funny too you know you're on DS when the 2 big solutions to every problem are 1) breastmilk and 2) eliminating dairy, gluten and all dyes. No offense to anyone, I hope. But I do find it a bit humorous.
Agreed
Old 04-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #14
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I'm adoring the Moby here! A friend gave me hers which was awesome. I just wish Alie would sleep in her cradle some!!!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #15
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Almost making me want to get out my Moby...

Boba has been my friend lately though.

I think I have a lazy nurser. Trying to keep him on track with breast compressions when he slows. Is that bad? I was striking his hair to wake him up, but this seems more effective.

Also can't latch him easily still in the left. You'd think we'd have that figured out by now. The right side is a breeze. Ah well
Old 04-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #16
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
I made my own moby with 5 yds of jersey knit been through two kids! Love it and get tons of compliments.

Im positive ben has a tongue tie he has all the symptoms and a def tie under his tongue he sooo miserable with bubbles, gas pains, and he slips off while nursing......on and on.

Hoping the dr will look on tuesday at the bigs well check. Fingers crossed!!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #17
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
So sorry to hear about the tongue tie. But that's an easy fix right? Let's hope.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #18
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Apr 21st - 27th

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Heading home. Harper is sleeping and I am sitting in the back with her. Thinking I should get a moby until she fits great into ergo even though I have the infant insert
I have both as well. I feel like DD's head still flops more than I'd like it to in her infant insert. I end up supporting her with my hand as I move around.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #19
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Lol to the breast milk comments!

I'm going to jump on the breastfeeding sucks bandwagon now. I have one who is doing just fine; great latch, eats every two ish hours, and then, the other one... I think I've been crying for a good two hours now. My eyes may never unswell. She latches just fine, but will only take two or three sucks, and falls asleep. I've done everything to get her not to. She's hungry; she keeps screaming, but every time she latches she won't stay on long enough to eat. She can do it; maybe she is just lazy. If there were any formula in the house I think I'm at the point I would pull it out . There's not though. She's still losing weight, and no poop for over 24 hours, although she does pee. Calling in the am for someone to come out and help me or I'm giving up. The cracked nips don't help at all; way too sore to pump. My DH says 1 out of 2 isn't bad, but that just made me cry more :/ poor guy doesn't know what to do with me! So dreading all night. Pray she eats! It's been like six hour since she's done much more than scream and cry.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:28 AM   #20
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oh I'm sorry, that's so hard!!

I'm glad one isn't giving you trouble, but I wish the other was cooperating as well. Hope tonight goes good.

Do compressions help at all? Maybe hand express and feed with a syringe? I know we have them lying around that we have used with DD's medicine.