Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2013, 03:02 AM   #21
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Apr 21st - 27th

I am so sorry about your sleepy nurser brook. Everything is more work and more complicated with twins I am sure!

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #22
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
I have both as well. I feel like DD's head still flops more than I'd like it to in her infant insert. I end up supporting her with my hand as I move around.
Thanks everyone on your moby raves I have to get one now.

I used the infant insert with 2 of my nbs and that was exactly my concern. I wanted it for the move but it may have to wait until next week when I can get to a target
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #23
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Alie slept in her cradle til after midnight!!! Sooooooo nice! Of course now I'm wondering if she may have tongue tie too... maybe that's why my babies can't nurse.... my mom had a terrible time nursing me too.

Sorry the one twin is giving you trouble!!! Honestly I think it would bother me more to have one nursing and one formula than both formula, but 2 is hard enough so you do what you gotta do, KWIM? Good luck!!!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #24
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So I have a confession... I am hating my cloth diapers right now. Silas is peeing and pooping so much that we are going through 20 diapers a day. We already have so much laundry that doing these too is freaking me out. Plus they are leaking out the leg.

I am thinking about putting them up for a couple more weeks and buying more sposies. I hate the thought because I have a lot of money in my FBs but I just don't want to do them right now.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #25
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Money wise, we use target diapers and you can get a huge box (the biggest) for like $21.

I don't CD at all (said as I run for cover....lol) and right now DS2 has been in target, huggies, and pampers because we were gifted some diapers. They have all worked well, no leaks at all.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #26
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
Lol to the breast milk comments!

I'm going to jump on the breastfeeding sucks bandwagon now. I have one who is doing just fine; great latch, eats every two ish hours, and then, the other one... I think I've been crying for a good two hours now. My eyes may never unswell. She latches just fine, but will only take two or three sucks, and falls asleep. I've done everything to get her not to. She's hungry; she keeps screaming, but every time she latches she won't stay on long enough to eat. She can do it; maybe she is just lazy. If there were any formula in the house I think I'm at the point I would pull it out . There's not though. She's still losing weight, and no poop for over 24 hours, although she does pee. Calling in the am for someone to come out and help me or I'm giving up. The cracked nips don't help at all; way too sore to pump. My DH says 1 out of 2 isn't bad, but that just made me cry more :/ poor guy doesn't know what to do with me! So dreading all night. Pray she eats! It's been like six hour since she's done much more than scream and cry.
I'd do whatever works for you, I cant imagine how much harder everything is with 2 babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NappyChappy View Post
So I have a confession... I am hating my cloth diapers right now. Silas is peeing and pooping so much that we are going through 20 diapers a day. We already have so much laundry that doing these too is freaking me out. Plus they are leaking out the leg.

I am thinking about putting them up for a couple more weeks and buying more sposies. I hate the thought because I have a lot of money in my FBs but I just don't want to do them right now.
Again, I'd do whatever works for you! I only have 2 dozen diapers so I'd probably supplement with sposies at that point too. I'd do whatever works for you right now and just don't stress out about it
Old 04-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #27
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
Money wise, we use target diapers and you can get a huge box (the biggest) for like $21.

I don't CD at all (said as I run for cover....lol) and right now DS2 has been in target, huggies, and pampers because we were gifted some diapers. They have all worked well, no leaks at all.
I dont cd either. We are using what was bought for us, then we'll use off brand. Ben poops alot......every diaper alot. And he's a soaker. So even with his tongue tie he.s def getting enough......prob bc im nursing him non stop.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #28
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

We use target diapers here too for nighttime and going out. Especially if they aren't fitting quite yet go get a package of sposies and try again when they're gone!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #29
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I try not to use sposies but when I do or fall back on them I only do target
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #30
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I woke up with a terrible headache and stomachache this LO wasn't moving so much. Sat down to cuddle with DS and watch and movie and now I've felt her move around a bit. I had a horrible time sleeping last night, not sure why. I'm just feeling off today. Glad to be home and hoping this little girl decides to come soon!
Sorry you weren't feeling well Hope you're feeling better today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo View Post
Still having problems with overactive letdown. =( Sprayed her in the face a couple times already today. It's so annoying. I have to have washcloths and burp rags around for almost every feeding if I don't want to drench myself or my daughter. Poor little thing chokes and coughs sometimes because of it.

She's totally got tons of baby acne. Don't say put breastmilk on it, I have an inkling that may be causing it...she gets a lot on her face.
I remember the let-down troubles I had with DD1! She got really good at compensating... by letting it shoot in her mouth and run out the bottom side of her mouth - SOAKED me and her the first few days she figured it out! Then I got good at tucking a receiving blanket under my breast to catch all the spilt milk, lol.

I say this every time someone talks about baby acne or really any skin troubles, but I love Thentix lotion. We bought it first to try on DS2's eczema - worked wonders. So I tried it on mine - again, wonders! DH uses it on his face, and it really helps (he has mild psoriasis). And I used only it on Levi from birth - never had a baby with such lovely skin! We've been using it on Piper, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Just nursing. Definitely more full today - lol. Seems a little early for a growth spurt, but babies don't have calendars so....
Definitely sounds like a growth spurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Heading home. Harper is sleeping and I am sitting in the back with her. Thinking I should get a moby until she fits great into ergo even though I have the infant insert
for going home! I do love using my wrap and sling both with Piper. The wrap is awesome for being totally hands-free, but the sling is great for popping in and out. Both are great, just depends on what I'm doing while wearing her.
I haven't tried my BH yet with her, though I said I wanted to try it with her itty just to see how it fits/works/feels. I'll have to get it out of the van later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
I'm also finding my newborn much less work than my toddler. DD is having trouble adjusting I think, she's been melting down over nothing which isn't like her. She is also not sleeping well, staying up late and waking 3-4 times a night. I miss my sweet girl

At least I'm feeling like there is light at the end of the tunnel recovery wise. My stitches are starting to feel better and breastfeeding gets less painful everyday. I had major engorgement which left me with clogged ducts, today I think I'm finally feeling more empty after feeding!!
Oh goodness - glad you're feeling better!
DS3 was having a lot of troubles the first few days home - he was, and is, great with Piper, but wanting a lot of cuddles and stories with me. Luckily, he doesn't mind doing those while I'm nursing or cuddling Piper, so that's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Not much going on here. Almost threw my dh out a window, but it would have split my stitches and we live in a one story anyway. Then he made it up to me all afternoon, washing dishes and clothes. I made him go grocery shopping so I didn't have to lift and now we are meeting a friend for dinner at Moe's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Boba has been my friend lately though.

I think I have a lazy nurser. Trying to keep him on track with breast compressions when he slows. Is that bad? I was striking his hair to wake him up, but this seems more effective.
You're the reason I always get a "boba" add on the top of my page when I'm in here!

Breast compressions are a great thing - and perfect for exactly that, lazy nursers! Just make sure you're not doing them while he's still sucking. Wait till he's stopped, then compress, then stop when he starts sucking again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Im positive ben has a tongue tie he has all the symptoms and a def tie under his tongue he sooo miserable with bubbles, gas pains, and he slips off while nursing......on and on.

Hoping the dr will look on tuesday at the bigs well check. Fingers crossed!!
Definitely make the Dr take a look! Did they check him for it at birth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
I'm going to jump on the breastfeeding sucks bandwagon now.
Oh goodness... I never would have thought about that - one being good and one having troubles
You say she falls asleep after a few sucks - are you doing breast compressions? They can honestly make a big difference.
Umm... undressing her, putting a cool washcloth on her tummy/side to keep her more alert, changing her diaper before having her nurse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NappyChappy View Post
So I have a confession... I am hating my cloth diapers right now.
I kwym. I'm not hating mine - they're so darn cute! But the leaks are annoying. Some days are worse than others though, and at least I think we've got nights figured out for now.
I'm debating trying wool for nights with her... but I react to it myself, so I don't know how that would work out

Don't feel bad, though, don't hide! You do what you gotta do! If you put away the cloth for now, just use disposables for a bit, maybe you'll want to go back to cloth after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
We use target diapers here too for nighttime and going out.
I don't know if we'll end up using disposables for Piper at night too. If she's all ready needing 2 diapers at once to get through the night, and she'll get bigger and pee more... well, I'm not sure much figuring and trying we'll do. But we'll see. For now, she just makes it through with a fitted + a stuffed pocket over top Gives her major booty!

AFM: The older kids have today and tomorrow off, and DH went back to work this morning I had a few minutes of crying in bed, honestly. I should make sure to tell him that I wasn't doing it on purpose - I had every intention of not crying until after he left!
I may let the kids try to get to the shed later, and get their bikes out. There's still a bunch of snow here, but there's also some grass and dirt, so they might as well try. It's supposed to get to seasonal temps by the weekend, so for that!!!!

This weekend was super busy. Blech. But we made it through. Not surprisingly, my bleeding has picked up again today - always does after being too busy. But there's nothing planned for this week, other than work for DH and school for the kids for the last few days of the week.

The public health nurse called and is going to come out tomorrow afternoon - I'm interested to see what Piper's weighing now I definitely don't think she's lost any more weight - would be surprised if she wasn't all ready over birthweight.

And I'm honest-to-goodness not bragging, and not even expecting it to continue, but I can't understand how or why Piper sleeps as well as she does. Last night we went to bed at 11pm, I nursed her to sleep... she didn't wake me until 6 this morning That's incredible for a wee one like this! I couldn't believe it when she stirred and I opened my eyes and it was light outside!
She nurses quite a bit through the day - every couple hours at least, and cluster feeds like crazy from about 8 on in the evenings, but I'll take that for getting some sleep!
It's kinda funny cuz I was really worried about having to be up all through the night with baby, and then still having to be up all day with Levi - and then she comes out and lets me have some decent sleep
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote