Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
MunkyCrazy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ohio vaccine opt-out

Does anyone have the info on opting out of vaccines in Ohio? My DS1 was delayed vaxed but caught up by prek and just has his Kindergarten boosters now so I was just going to get him those.

However DS2 has had 2 rounds of shots. Honestly I don't even know what was in those 2 sets. I think he got them both when he was 1 sometime. I don't want to get him any more of them but can you opt out after getting some? I signed him up for prek in the fall and the paperwork said I had to either give them the records or the opt out paper. I asked her about it and she said "as long as you are opting out and not just behind". His Ped has already told me it would take at least 18 months to catch him up but I'm not interested in that and hope I don't have to get him the rest now or he won't be able to go to prek

DS3 hasn't had any, so I know I will sign the opt out papers for him.

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ohio vaccine opt-out

It looks like in your state you have all three types of vax exemptions. So that should make things easier. I have never had any experience with Ohio, but most parents I know just sign the exemptions as if their children have never had any vaxes even if they have had some or even if they are planning on slowly making their children fully vaxed. They mostly feel that the school does not need to know what the parents are doing with vaxing.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ohio vaccine opt-out

I live in WV but we border OH and my friends in OH have just had to sign an opt out paper - even if the kids had some of the vaccines. I so wish I could cross the river into Ohio because we do not have exemptions here.
tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote