Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #11
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Having a feeling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLeast View Post
My "feelings" have almost always been wrong.
this is partly true for me too. DS1 I kept saying girl. DS2 I just KNEW he was a girl. hmmm....lol DS3 I knew was a boy though.

This time I'm leaning more toward girl, but refusing to get my hopes up, so I make myself look at boy stuff too

Advertisement

Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #12
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My feeling was right for both of mine
Old 04-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #13
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post

this is partly true for me too. DS1 I kept saying girl. DS2 I just KNEW he was a girl. hmmm....lol DS3 I knew was a boy though.

This time I'm leaning more toward girl, but refusing to get my hopes up, so I make myself look at boy stuff too
I never had a feeling at all with the first two. My third I really thought was a girl, the pregnancy was so different from the other two. Then I flipped out the night before the ultra sound, I was terrified it might be a boy. Yep, another boy. I had convinced myself he was a girl. This time I'm just going to go with its a boy. I won't find out until the end if August. I know if I let myself get my hopes up for a girl I'll be crushed. I love my boys and would love him too of course but I so deeply want a girl.

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #14
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard that mother's intuition is right about 70% of the time.
I've been right twice.
Out of seven.
So that means your odds are even better, right?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #15
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I knew before I was even pregnant with both my daughter and this baby. There was never any doubt in my mind with either. I even bought a bunch of boy clothes on sale soon after I found out I was pregnant this time. 3 ultrasounds have confirmed he is definitely a he. But I often have feelings about other people's pregnancies and am right and other things too I just know beforehand.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys

Last edited by chandni3; 04-21-2013 at 06:41 PM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #16
lilg82882
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had gut feeling with gender all 3 times and have been right every time

The day if the u/s with this one I started second guessing that I only felt boy because I wanted one so bad. But nope I was right!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #17
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

I heard that its 70% too! I've been right both times. I bought a coming home outfit for this little girl when I was just 12 weeks along, 2 months before finding out.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #18
Helloloni
Registered Users
seller

Do not count on it. I was sure. Sure as anything that I was having a boy. Positive. I was prepared to paint the nursery blue, so to speak (I actually hate gendered colors and toys) but you get the idea. I named my son, ignored the possibility of having a girl! I was glowing, I had no swelling, I had not a drop of morning sickness for 40 weeks...and then my daughter was born. With girl parts and everything. I was totally unprepared for her, mentally. Even though it "doesn't matter" what the sex is, and she's a perfectly healthy and beautiful child, I had a hard time bonding right away and I think that's because I pictured myself with a boy...I was so sure. And the weirdest part? I honestly didn't have a preference for one or the other!

I'm just saying stay open to the possibility and don't be SO SURE!
Helloloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #19
melinda0828
Registered Users

I was wrong 4 out of 4! I was sure my first was a boy, and when she was born, I was so surprised. We found out with the next 3, and I was so sure they were each the opposite sex. So much for a mother's intuition!
melinda0828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #20
Ruthk33
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helloloni View Post
Do not count on it. I was sure. Sure as anything that I was having a boy. Positive. I was prepared to paint the nursery blue, so to speak (I actually hate gendered colors and toys) but you get the idea. I named my son, ignored the possibility of having a girl! I was glowing, I had no swelling, I had not a drop of morning sickness for 40 weeks...and then my daughter was born. With girl parts and everything. I was totally unprepared for her, mentally. Even though it "doesn't matter" what the sex is, and she's a perfectly healthy and beautiful child, I had a hard time bonding right away and I think that's because I pictured myself with a boy...I was so sure. And the weirdest part? I honestly didn't have a preference for one or the other!

I'm just saying stay open to the possibility and don't be SO SURE!
I really don't have a preference either way and I'm going to find out in May so it's all good. We aren't prepared at all for a boy or girl. Just started to register for basic stuff. We have a girl and a boy name picked out. I'm just so ready to know. I don't feel super sure at all. Just have a feeling.
Ruthk33 is offline   Reply With Quote