Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2013, 05:55 AM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Share progress on nursery??

Okay I know not all of our nurseries are going to be ACTUAL nurseries for JUST the baby. I also know that none of us (I don't think) are actually close on our prep for the baby, however I thought it might be fun to have more of an accountability thread so when we work all day on something, and our DH (DP/DW) comes home and says "Yeah, that looks nice." then we can feel like we actually did something and not nothing. This is not saying my actual DH would EVER do that!

So in that spirit, here is my mess I mean areas where there is going to be a change for Nathaniel.

Where we are going to put the new dresser (notice DS bed to the far right).

Their shared walk in closet (back wall is changing area).

Nathaniel's drawer - how did I get so many baby socks???

This area has the most work to do in the way of getting ready for little guy. This is my side of the bed. Yep those are all the empty drug bottles I used to keep this little guy in me at first. As you can tell, I have some cleaning to do! However I do have part of the bumper up (on the shelf), and we have the crib mattress in the room. Small step, but still good.

Another angle

So who is next?

Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Share progress on nursery??

I have absolutely nothing done. Or to do, really. So I'm channeling my nesting into home improvements and am going to make a chalkboard wall in our kitchen
Old 04-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
I have absolutely nothing done. Or to do, really. So I'm channeling my nesting into home improvements and am going to make a chalkboard wall in our kitchen
Ooo! Are you going to make it magnetic too or just a chalk board? I want to see before and after photos!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Umm. . . I might have to buy a baby item first to show progress, LOL. We have nothing and I am not too worried about. I probably won't get into geting baby stuff ready until sometime this summer. Fourth baby not all that concern. My MIL on the other hand is freaking out we have nothing. So I suppose I will go look at cribs in the next month or so. Next on my list to get figured out is a carseat and diapers.
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

We are pretty much done Crib is set up and made. dresser is filling up. (still need some long sleeve onsies and jammies, but I have a few to get us by) diapers are ready, All that's left is setting up the swing- but not going to do that until we move the lvrm around.So yeah, lol, we are ready.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
Ooo! Are you going to make it magnetic too or just a chalk board? I want to see before and after photos!
Just chalk, I've read people have a lot of issue with the magnetic paint
I'll take some, hopefully its this weekends project
Old 04-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #7
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

We did just chalk on a wall for the same reasons.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
Umm. . . I might have to buy a baby item first to show progress, LOL. We have nothing and I am not too worried about. I probably won't get into geting baby stuff ready until sometime this summer. Fourth baby not all that concern. My MIL on the other hand is freaking out we have nothing. So I suppose I will go look at cribs in the next month or so. Next on my list to get figured out is a carseat and diapers.
None of the stuff in my photos are things that I purchased for Nathaniel yet. I am just getting stuff out of boxes at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
We are pretty much done Crib is set up and made. dresser is filling up. (still need some long sleeve onsies and jammies, but I have a few to get us by) diapers are ready, All that's left is setting up the swing- but not going to do that until we move the lvrm around.So yeah, lol, we are ready.
Wow! I am impressed! I feel like a slug compared to you! Please share photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
Just chalk, I've read people have a lot of issue with the magnetic paint
I'll take some, hopefully its this weekends project
That is good to know. I have thought about making something for DS but I wasn't sure if I wanted it to be permanent or not. Also where would I put it.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #9
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am ordering a snuggle nest and a memory foam topper for my bed and that will be my nursery LOL I think I might also get a dresser from IKEA that has a changing table top.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We're actually doing ours on plywood that'll be nailed to the wall, ours walls are too heavily textured for just straight paint to work out that well. But the upside is it'll be easy to take down if I ever want to