Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #81
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Re: August 2013 weekly chat ~ April 21-27

dp

Advertisement

Last edited by Andbabymakes2; 04-24-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Andbabymakes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #82
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

vanessa: you measure the length from tip to tip (so you'll need to put the tips on your cables)

Jennifer: hope Nathaniel comes on the 18th And yay for making a FS shirt I need to print my patterns out and do some
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #83
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jennifer: which Peek-a-Boo patterns are you getting?
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #84
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
vanessa: you measure the length from tip to tip (so you'll need to put the tips on your cables)

I got so frustrated with the DPN late last night that I sat down and ordered the circs in the sizes that I needed this morning. I was just about ready to throw them all against the wall! I had no choice but to completely rip out everything that I'd done.

So....in the meantime while I wait for my new needles to come in, I'll knit Molly Anne a vanillia soaker. I made one for DD last year sometime, so I already know how to do everything and have the right size needles already. Hopefully I can whip up a nb size soaker in no time and be ready to go when my needles come in for the other soaker I wanted to do.

Question: I have two options for the waistband on the vanillia soaker. Should I do the regular nb waistband or the button down one? I'm thinking the regular since we will probably use the sposies that we get at the hossy until her uc comes off anyway. In the past the other kiddo's uc came off within 4-5 days after coming home, so it wasn't long at all. Also, in the past my kiddos have stayed in nb sizes for a fairly lengthy amount of time since they've all been tiny, which is why I'm thinking the regular waistband. What do you think?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #85
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Ok I am so lost when all of you talk about knitting like it is easy, LOL. There is no way I can do any of that at all.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #86
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally thought that too 2 years ago...and then sat down and watched some youtube videos and knittinghelp.com and it all clicked
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #87
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I just figured out how to crochet a washcloth. I tried shorties but I gave up. I just don't understand things like that.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #88
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Ok Erica, how come every diaper I look at one here you beat me to it go get some just before me. I have a feeling our stashes are similar.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #89
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay I am back. OB went well. Tried to get my c-section date and clearly it isn't on the scheduler's radar yet. She said she would look into it for me. I also had something in my urine that wasn't right. Not sure what it was, but think it might have been sugar as I just consulted Dr. Google. She asked me when my GTT was. I will get that done next Tuesday and then hopefully be good. Other then that everything was good. Oh they told me not to fast for the GTT. I didn't get that. I thought it was a fasting test. Anyone else do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
Jennifer- that's really neat about the 18th and your grandfather. The only thing I have that's similar (definitely not the same) is the significance of 12. I was born in Dec (the 12th month), on the 21st (12 backwards), DD's birthday is on the 12th, DS's birthday is on the 24th (12 x 2 which is funny since he was the 2nd child), and my number when I played volleyball in high school was, you guessed it......12. Not nearly as important as what you're saying about your grandfather and the 18th, but I think it's pretty funny!

AFM: Nothing much here again today. Just the usual day to day stuff.
That is cool that you have this with 12. I actually have it also with 5-5. DD died at 5 months 5 days and said grandfather died when DS was 5 weeks 5 days old. Yeah that isn't such a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
I think we're heading out to the beach today
Have fun!

Andbabymakes2 - I hope you find your second wind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
Jennifer: which Peek-a-Boo patterns are you getting?
I made the Jamie Jumper yesterday.

I am wanting to get the Bucket hat (DS has a HUGE head and I can't find hats like that for him for this summer, and Nathaniel can also use it); the rings, blocks and balls; The newsie cap (my mom will want me to get this if she sees it and normally she has a say), and maybe the aviator cap. Beyond that I thought about the pea coat, art smock, board shorts; summer, winter and footed PJ's; I also like the button up ones as I know I will not have a pattern for that in 2 years when I need one! Oh and the moccasins. I am thinking I can upcycle a leather jacket for that. I am just hoping that the coop goes well and I don't have to get it all at once!

Other questions - Facebook I am on Facebook but I use it primarily for keeping up with lost family and friends. I have friends that are from high school that have found me on there. Also my ex-step family is on there and that is the only way I keep in contact with them. I also use it to keep up with specialty news stories like what is going on in the farming/natural food movements. VERY few people online know my last name and that is one of the ways I feel like I can be open about things. I like my anonymousness. So I don't use it for things like this.

I was finally able to find a stand for our baby bathtub! My mom got me on Zulily (which wasn't a great favor that she gave me!!) and they just happen to have a stand on there that was FOR my baby bathtub!!! For DS we just used his changing table but this time around the changing table is in a closet and well, it is just too hard to do it in there. So I wanted a stand that could fold away and have in the bathroom when needed. This fits that bill! It was a bit expensive but if I get 2 years out of it, it will be worth it, and my back!!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #90
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

No I had one that was not fasting. I just had to tell them what I ate before hand.