Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #11
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
WFD: green chili cheese burgers on a pretzel bun. sweet potato fries, sweet peppers and carrot sticks.
That sounds delicious! I tried making sweet potato fries in my oven last week and they ended up burnt.

I should really toss stuff from our bathroom closet but I am always worried about needing it and not having it. We have a ton of medicine (funny since we rarely take meds), lotions, etc.

WFD: Pork chops with idk what yet. Probably rice and beans. I'll be cooking something separate for myself since I am not a fan of pork chops.

Advertisement

TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #12
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not really Janine, her hair is to her needs the extra conditioning that comes with a conditioner. Actually she and Jerry only wash hair one or twice a week and condition other times they shower
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #13
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tania if you have not used it in the last year toss it!!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #14
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hola mamacitas. I have had coffee time for two weeks now, and I successfully extracted a cake from a new bundt pan I have never used before for Ian's bday tomorrow. I think I may have used up all my luck.

I recently simplified our bathrooms. The kids have one bin with one shampoo, one conditioner, one shower gel, one bubble bath, one lotion. Plus my Epsom salts when I get to take a bath, LOL. I did the same in our bathroom also (minus the bubble bath since it is only a shower) and put all but one of DH's dandruff shampoos back in the cabinet - he is only allowed to have one out at a time. Totally get you need to change those up so the keep being effective but you don't need all six bottles out at once, LOL. Tossed 2/3 of my makeup and half-full rarely used toiletries. Getting everyone clean is so much easier and faster now.

Then I went through the drug closet and tossed a LOT of expired meds or baby stuff that doesn't apply any longer. Have the ones that are used most often on one shelf in the kitchen with one open bottle and one unopened backup of each. Then all the rest of the lesser meds in the drug closet sorted by type, and they take up a third of the space they used to. It has been a HUGE help.

My mom is the same, can't read the bottles and frequently mixes stuff up. I think you will be doing Nalli a HUGE favor by simplifying and color-coding or large print labels. My mom is not so receptive.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #15
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oy, I forgot how long it takes for a bundt cake to cool.

It is bee-yootiful outside. Going to try to convince Ian to go down to the lake and poke around in the sand.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #16
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is not that she cant see them she CANT read ENGLISH so she needs a picture to distinguish them. And we will police what people buy her so soap and lotion dont come in the same kind of bottle. Not tragic mixing up shampoo and conditioner but soap and lotion is a mess especially when you only have COLD running water and are 70.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #17
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown
It is not that she cant see them she CANT read ENGLISH so she needs a picture to distinguish them. And we will police what people buy her so soap and lotion dont come in the same kind of bottle. Not tragic mixing up shampoo and conditioner but soap and lotion is a mess especially when you only have COLD running water and are 70.
Lordy if she can see to read at 70 she is way ahead of my folks. So color code with stickers pr something then?

Giving myself carpal tunnel syndrome decorating this cake.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #18
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Oh that would be messy.

I think the pictures are great....I have trouble with colour codes. I'd forget what colour was for what. But a picture of a bar of soap would be good. Not sure about shampoo & conditioner though. Can she read numbers? Would a head with 1 for Shampoo and a head with 2 work for that?
Old 04-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #19
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Work was hard today. I had to reshuffle 4 freezers, and then put away 4 pallets that were delivered today.

Tomorrow we have training from 12-2pm. Not especially excited about that.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #20
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Wow, SUUUUUPER tired today! A quick little nap for me is in order before my dr. appt, I think. I'm hoping after that I have time/energy to make dinner so it'll be ready when we get home.

Cheryl, show us the cake when you're done!
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote