Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
newtwinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Another I need a new seat thread

My two and a half-year-old 25 pound and 22 pound twin boys have been primarily rear facing in Britax R55s in my 2012 Jetta. A few weeks ago we moved our second seats ( Cosco Serenas) to my car related to fit issues in my husband's truck. Well guess what? I prefer the Cosco seats! I had so much trouble with my RA55s side wall height putting the boys in and the Serena's are a dream height wise. Soooo...DH said I could buy new primary seats if I can find seats that fit the Jetta, are eat to install like Britax, and low like the Serena's.()))$)))834544455;((5;:/(000"00

Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well the lowest sides would be a Radian but you may end up with a tricky install. I really wouldn't let that deter you though because you don't have to uninstall and reinstall all the time since you have backup seats for your husbands car and you have the Britax seats for anyone else who might need to drive them. The Complete Air has low sides but also a strict 40" height limit RF. The Size4me/MySize/Headwise is fairly low but I'm not sure how it compares to the scenera. Eventually your boys will be able to get in their seats by themselves so hoisting them up in there won't suck forever. Also there is nothing wrong with using the Scenera as your regular seat.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Something to keep in mind is that the high sides are nice for side impact protection.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
becca71178
Registered Users

Re: Another I need a new seat thread

I'm not sure about the Harmony Defender? I am grabbing one of those this weekend, they are THIN like a radian but only about 100.00.

I have Britax, Scenera's and Graco's between three cars and I actually like the cheaper car seats better. My kids seem more comfortable and they have cupholders (que angels singing).
becca71178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by becca71178
I'm not sure about the Harmony Defender? I am grabbing one of those this weekend, they are THIN like a radian but only about 100.00.

I have Britax, Scenera's and Graco's between three cars and I actually like the cheaper car seats better. My kids seem more comfortable and they have cupholders (que angels singing).
The defender is FF only. Her kids are RF.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
newtwinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks ladies! I don't have a problem keeping the cheap seats except that they don't install in every car easily. It is common for us to drive to the inlaws and drop the seats and the kids over the weekend. The RAs are SUPER easy to install and they have been wonderful in that aspect. Also, the Sceneras are going to our early morning childcare providers car and the RAs into DHs truck. I assumed a Radian was the answer but am very unfamiliar with them and wondered about the ease of install. I may check out the Complete Air as i think they will be like 25 before the are 40" high, lol! We just hit 31 and DH and I are 5'5".

Last edited by newtwinmom; 04-28-2013 at 08:10 PM.
newtwinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:25 PM   #7
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Another I need a new seat thread

I think I would try two Radians with angle adjusters. I have run into the same issue with my Britax. It wasn't a big deal with I just had DD in the middle, but now that DS is outboard, I bonk his head every time! I bought a Radian R100 and it's much, much better. I don't like the harness adjuster too much, but like everything else about it. They are HEAVY, so they should be installed and stay put, IMO.