Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #51
Banned - User Requested
My Mood:
Re: Is there a negative stigma for well behaved children?

The only criticism I've received on my kids behavior is from a friend of mine, who has kids that are so completely out of control, that I had to ask them to leave after I caught them literally trashing my house - beating on my daughter's crib with a wooden hammer from the m&d tool set, ripping floor boards up that my husband had just laid down and was getting ready to nail down the next day etc. I could not believe how out of control and destructive they were, and how they didn't flinch or even react or stop when she asked them to stop.

She always says I'm too hard on my kids, they are "just kids" and makes little comments. I'm sorry, but the way her kids act is just not acceptable to me and I would be mortified if mine acted like that. They haven't been back since that incident described above.

madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #52
Miss squish
Registered Users
Re: Is there a negative stigma for well behaved children?

Except for here I've never heard outright criticism for well behaved children, but I can think of a couple people IRL who criticize in a backhanded way by discussing how free spirited and creative their destructive mouthy children are. Other children are sheeples. But THEIR special and unique child cannot be contained by normal rules and boundaries. They are such special little creatures budding with promise they need to be nurtured in a very special way, and apparently this involves letting them pinch other kids if they see fit and be sassy to old ladies if it strikes them.

I imagine these blossoming creatives will still be living with their parents in their 20's.

I love seeing well behaved kids. Kids with boundaries and expectations are happier and healthier IMO. Sometimes kids have a bad day or have issues that prevent them behaving in public on any given day so I don't judge that either.
sahm to Maxwell 5/4/12
Miss squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #53
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by princessgirl409
The only thing I've heard about well behaved children that does bother me is how "lucky" we are to have "good kids".
I did not get well behaved children because of luck. It takes work(hard work), and time, and diligence, and consistency.
I'm not saying my kids are well behaved because I'm a perfect mom, but I do enjoy being able to take my children any where I want and know that they will behave like I expect and we can all have fun. So, I have taught my children what we expect. It's work, but it is so worth it!
YES! I hear the same thing also and we are identical!
sahm to 3 little women and 1 little man who keep me extremely busy and take all of my time away from here!
I have LOTS of toys to sell....My Little Pony, Fisher Price ramp & speedway, Littlest Pet Shop, you name it I probably have it! PM me!
ajane is offline   Reply With Quote