Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #1
Mackie3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
making my own diapers

Hi mama's. Im wanting to test the waters on making my own cloth diapers. Interested in mostly pockets but am open to anything. What are the BEST patterns that I could purchase? If my product is good enough, its something I'm interested in selling. To others who make or make/sell what are some tips you wish you knew when you started. Please give me all the info you can...the more the better. Where do you purchase all your supplies? Etc...TIA

Advertisement

Mackie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
kris10mus
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: making my own diapers

Diapersewingsupplies.com has been an amazing discovery for me. I couldn't seem to find many PUL options, FOE, Bamboo, Hemp or even microfiber at JoAnns, Hancock Fabric... DSS has everything including Kam Snaps on their website. I purchased my Kam snaps from the official website and am using pliers. I wish I had purchased a snap press instead:/ after making a few pocket diapers my hand kills me. So a snap press is a must, especially if you plan on selling them
I have heard a lot of good things about the darling diaper patterns that you can purchase online.
but I just used the free darling diaper NB pattern for my covers and then I took apart an old BumGenius 4.0 and made a pattern from that.
Certain patterns allow you to use their pattern to sell, and others don't. I'm not sure if darling diapers does or not.
Also, youtube has a lot of videos on making pocket diapers. Visuals are helpful for me.

hope this helps
kris10mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
mommie2_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Darling diapers does have a great pattern that covers numerous types of diapers but you can not sell the diapers you make from their patterns unless you purchase a license through them which will cost you a one time fee of $700. If you go to the darling diaper website they have a full page devoted to the ins and outs of the license.
mommie2_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #4
mountainbaby
Registered Users
seller

Wazoodle has the zorb which is pretty fun to work with and rocket bottoms has a diaper which is an easy start, it's the square tab (I think) she sometimes does 50% off sales. The sprout snap is free which is always great!!
mountainbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
MamaButtercup
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

FYI, Wazoodle also has patterns that they allow you to make up and sell diapers from royalty free(!) so long as you follow some guidelines (which basically involves keeping their name off of your product so they don't suffer the repercussions of poor craftsmanship by individuals.) I am going to start there and draft my own. Hope that gives you an idea! I'm just getting started as well! And I'm scared!!!
MamaButtercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #6
Mackie3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaButtercup View Post
FYI, Wazoodle also has patterns that they allow you to make up and sell diapers from royalty free(!) so long as you follow some guidelines (which basically involves keeping their name off of your product so they don't suffer the repercussions of poor craftsmanship by individuals.) I am going to start there and draft my own. Hope that gives you an idea! I'm just getting started as well! And I'm scared!!!
I'm scared too! I'm in the market for a new sewing machine and serger so if anyone has any suggestions. ..
Mackie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #7
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you are going to put serious mileage on your machine abd spend good time on it, buy a good one. Look for one that has all metal parts under the plastic outside. I have had my Pfaff for 15 years and love love love it.
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:47 AM   #8
mrhshorty18
Registered Users

Hey Mackie3...I couldn't message you back on my pm's cause I don't have 6 post. Here you go:

Sweet...I'm glad . fluffybuttsrock.
blogspot.
com

Sorry it says I can't post links

You'll have to scroll right below the giveaway section and it says follow by email. Then on Thursday you'll have to enter the giveaway section. Let me know if you have any questions and please share with your cloth diapering friends/family. Thank you!
mrhshorty18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:56 AM   #9
Mackie3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhshorty18 View Post
Hey Mackie3...I couldn't message you back on my pm's cause I don't have 6 post. Here you go:

Sweet...I'm glad . fluffybuttsrock.
blogspot.
com

Sorry it says I can't post links

You'll have to scroll right below the giveaway section and it says follow by email. Then on Thursday you'll have to enter the giveaway section. Let me know if you have any questions and please share with your cloth diapering friends/family. Thank you!
Can you email me at simplymeplus3@gmail.com please. I have a couple questions
Old 04-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #10
MamaButtercup
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you are buying new, be sure to buy from an authorized dealer so that instruction and repairs are free! That's what I'm doing. I'm getting a brother 450-q.
MamaButtercup is offline   Reply With Quote