Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2013, 06:14 AM   #21
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you think of these names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I will warn you about the keeping of both names. We did this for our now 9 day old DS2. We were totally stuck, loved both but each loved one a little more than the other (not the same one). We figured ok, we will wait until birth because so many people told us that when we saw him, we would just "know."

Let me tell you, we didn't! He wasn't named until day 3 and that was only because hubby knew I just adored one in particular and he had come around to it enough that he was happy with it as well.
Interesting. I think my husband and I liked both names equally and we had planned all along to narrow down to 2 so we were at a different place. I think my husband would have said yes to anything I said at that point though, as well. One name would have given him the initials EZ, well after pushing for 3 hours I decided he wasn't EZ so we went with DZ which was also a bit more of a stronger sounding name as well.

The one mistake I did make was not getting the middles names more nailed down. It wasn't like we had 2 sets of first and middle names picked out. We had 2 first names for both sexes and basically a list of middle names (which wasn't even with us at the time). I told my husband what middle name I wanted and started crying (I'd been up for awhile and pushing for a while I'm sure no one blames me) -- so he didn't question it. He just said yes. Well though it was on our middle name list it wasn't suppose to go with his first name... It gave him the initially DOZ which while isn't bad -- wasn't actually my preference. I'm okay with it, its the name he got, but a hormonal slip up in my book. We actually considered initials, nick names, and easy "tease" names a lot when trying to decide names so it kinda sucks that I slipped up.

Oh well. Next time I plan to have middle names more picked.

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #22
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

I like just Rex.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #23
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't like Rex as a middle name at all. I like it as a first name though.
alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #24
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lol @ T-rex!

I'm not calling him by both names. It will be my last baby and I've never gotten to have so much control over the baby's name before (my ex was extremely controlling), so the name means a lot to me.

Still looking for the perfect girl name.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #25
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

I forgot about Rex!! I'll have to add that to my list for this child.

Not sure if anyone pointed it out, but Rex Harrison is the actor in My Fair Lady.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #26
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh and I do love Oliver Rex. It'd be my number one pick.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #27
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rex is a great name that's been forgotten!