Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #1
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Basically its Tuesday!

Come one Come all. Join us for some lively chat!!!

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #2
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically its Tuesday!

morning all. Tired lol. HAve to bring Walker to the docs soon. ANd trying to lure the cat out of the basement. I need to get her outside but i can't lure her out
Old 04-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning. Tired here but at school. Now waiting on Jerry to come and get MH who puked on the way to school. oh joy.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh yuck jen
Old 04-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone...I was tired but then in the training session my boss was making coffee and I asked if he'd make me one too. It was strong! Not tired now lol!

Anyway training was dull...same stuff as always and nothing to do with my job at all. Mostly information for the cashiers.

We watched a video about how the shop should look and as well as other stuff. We had to go and tidy up our section of the shop to the video standard ready for inspection. The boss said my section is perfect as always...I cant help but grin a cheesy grin when he tells me my section is good. I know it's daft but I need to be told I've done my job well. I miss it when I'm not told.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #6
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and I had a quick chat with my boss about my hours.

I asked if we could change them back to the 10-12. I explained that this was meant to me a mini job to earn a little extra cash for the kids stuff and that when I applied for the job the hours were perfect because I was always home before the kids...but now I'm never home before the kids even with just my regular delivery. When other stuff is added onto my work, like the rearranging of the freezers, my work takes longer and I'm not getting home till nearly 5pm. That's the same as if I had a full time job in the eyes of my kids. They need me at home.

I told him I love my job and I really want to keep it but I need to be a mum to my kids too. If there was something we could do about the hours? He said it's not possible because the delivery times have changed and often they dont have the produce until 11am. So we met in the middle and now I'll be working from 11:30am on Mondays and Fridays and 10am on Wednesdays. I hope that helps out a bit more here.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
greenmamabecky
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~whitehologram~ View Post
Oh and I had a quick chat with my boss about my hours.

I asked if we could change them back to the 10-12. I explained that this was meant to me a mini job to earn a little extra cash for the kids stuff and that when I applied for the job the hours were perfect because I was always home before the kids...but now I'm never home before the kids even with just my regular delivery. When other stuff is added onto my work, like the rearranging of the freezers, my work takes longer and I'm not getting home till nearly 5pm. That's the same as if I had a full time job in the eyes of my kids. They need me at home.

I told him I love my job and I really want to keep it but I need to be a mum to my kids too. If there was something we could do about the hours? He said it's not possible because the delivery times have changed and often they dont have the produce until 11am. So we met in the middle and now I'll be working from 11:30am on Mondays and Fridays and 10am on Wednesdays. I hope that helps out a bit more here.
I kind of know how that is. I decided to bartend since it would work out perfect with our schedule. Well, a small portuguese bar that I really like was hiring, so I went in and applied and got the job. I only wanted 2 nights a week so I got Tuesdays and Thursdays. Then they tell me shift starts at 6pm not 7pm like alll other bars haha so now I need a bababysitter for the hour between me leaving and DH getting home which is a huge pain in the ***. Then they started calling me in all the time so that I was finally saying no to my 6th day two weeks in a row. Now they gave me Sunday day shift, which is DHs only day off. I love it there but idk what to do :-(
greenmamabecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #8
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So today is my first meeting for the superintendent search, dont know why I am a bit nervous and intimidated, need to get over that before 2. I am going to spend sometime collecting my thoughts and putting questions to paper after my last class today.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #9
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good luck Jen...I'm sure you'll be fine
Old 04-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Heiner's gone to music practice...I'm arguing with myself about making cupcakes or a cake of some sort.