Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #11
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically its Tuesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmamabecky View Post
I kind of know how that is. I decided to bartend since it would work out perfect with our schedule. Well, a small portuguese bar that I really like was hiring, so I went in and applied and got the job. I only wanted 2 nights a week so I got Tuesdays and Thursdays. Then they tell me shift starts at 6pm not 7pm like alll other bars haha so now I need a bababysitter for the hour between me leaving and DH getting home which is a huge pain in the ***. Then they started calling me in all the time so that I was finally saying no to my 6th day two weeks in a row. Now they gave me Sunday day shift, which is DHs only day off. I love it there but idk what to do :-(
I hope you can sort it out. I know the extra money from my job really makes a difference to our life. I wouldn't want to be without it now.

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #12
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Heiner told me he had time to go into the local electric-goods shop in town after work today. He was comparing the Acer (whatever the 10" one is called) and Samsung Galaxy tab.

He suggested he might get me the Samsung Galaxy tab for my birthday.

That'd be lovely! To be able to read full size patterns rather than the squished (or just zoomed in on one section) pattern on the little screen on my kindle or always having to sit at my desk to read a pattern. Brilliant!

We have been looking at different tablets...

Heiner has the ipad2 (and a safety case for it too so it's safe when Fynn uses it) and we wanted one for me but android.

I recently got the girls a 7" Acer tablet each, I haven't given them to them yet...I will soon but we've been so busy with the renovation that I was afraid they would get broken in the mess. I've been filing them with games and apps as and when I get chance.

The Samsung would be great because it's still android and I can keep tabs on the girls tablets through it.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #13
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hola mamacitas. Been a long day, and it ain't over yet. Went on a hail mary last chance trip to TRU this morning, and lo and behold they had gotten that magic shipment of the figures Ian wanted the night before. I had tears in my eyes at the register. I am sure the whole staff, who were not done with their staff meeting when I paid (first customer of the day), thought I was nuts.

Did a pizza party at lunch at Ian's preschool. Seriously, that is the way to go with the pre-K and even elementary if you can do it. No worrying about RSVPs, everyone is excited to eat pizza, the bday kid gets sang to and all the attention, and you don't have the stress of any other kind of bday party. And as an added bonus you don't have a dozen presents from well-meaning parents that you kid will never play with, LOL.

WTG on the kudos, Janine. And I am glad you were able to adjust your hours as much as you can. And greenmamabecky I hope your shifts improve too.

Cake is decorated, pic on FB. Presents wrapped. Ian out of school in an hour. Rosie an hour after that, Ginger out of pom cheer an hour after that. Then our own little private party for Mr. Man.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #14
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Janine we got MIL the 7" Galaxy Tab 2.0 and I was super impressed with it.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #15
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like the pizza party was a win, Cheryl!

Hope you get the tablet of your desires, Janine

I'm in the mood for bacon, but have none. Oh the tragedy. I want a bacon and turkey sandwich for lunch and bacon/egg on a homemade biscuit for dinner.
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #16
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mmm bacon
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #17
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

PG cravings are killer, Bekah!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #18
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had pasta with tomato sauce and crispy bacon bits for dinner tonight.

Kids are all in bed....with a stern talking-to about staying in bed in the mornings. No-one is allowed out of bed for any reason at all. I know, that sounds mean but honestly they dont go an pee until after they are dressed so it's not like they are going to explode if they have to wait till 6am when I get them up. Poor Fynn has been woken up at 5:30am or earlier for at least a week now.

I should go and see about doing some dishes.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #19
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well there you go...dishes are nearly all done. There is enough for one more load...but I'm not doing that anymore today. It's 9pm already.

I tidied up the kitchen, put away the clean dishes, reloaded the dishwasher, swept the floor, put away the last bit of the shopping, put the dry food in the right storage, and binned the rubbish.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #20
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ahhh I was wrong. It seems he might be getting me a Samsung Note Tablet....it has a better screen and pen storage.