Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Completely numb perineum.

I remember how much it hurt down there after my daughter. I sat on ice pack after ice pack. This time it doesn't hurt at all but it's totally numb down there, front to back. I have 1 second degree tear but didn't get it stitched up. I didn't have any numbing shots, not even really taking pain killers. It sure hurt while pushing and for an hour after. I haven't needed ice or anything. That's good but I'm just worried, is the feeling gone for good? Will it come back?

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Interesting. Can you ask your practitioner? I was much less sore with my 2nd tear, but not numb...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Completely numb perineum.

Is there a reason you didn't get stitched? I heard somewhere that not having second degree tears stitched was linked to increased risk of rectocele and enterocele. I would definitely talk to your practitioner and have them take a look down below. That sounds unusual.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
Story&Addi'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My recovery from my second tear was much easier than my first. I had almost no pain/discomfort at all with my second. I wouldn't be to worried about it being numb but if you are concerned about it I would ask your doctor.
Story&Addi'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

I had a 4th degree w my son. Cut not tear bc I had to be cut. I tore a bit with my daughter, a handful of stitches. I didn't have an epidural and I felt every stitch, it was painful! I was pretty surprised it hurt so bad (had epi with my first). I think the numbness is a bit odd, but its all nerve packed, so it could be similar to sleeping on your arm and having numbness the following day. I'd say wait and see if the feeling comes back. Maybe TMI but why does it matter? I hope that doesn't come across as rude, I'm actually curious. I prayed for less feeling there before having my DD. for me, it'd be a plus!

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:54 AM   #6
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

the midwife said they didn't need to stitch it if I didn't want it, that it was coming together nicely and was small, I just had to take it easy. I was in so much pain I didn't want anyone touching me down there at that moment.
I dont' mind things being numb right now, I'm just worried that they'll stay numb and make sex unenjoyable. The midwives will be back tomorrow, I'll ask them then. They did say that I might not be as sore down there (I hadn't realized I was actually numb until later yesterday) because I only pushed for 1/2 an hour this time.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys

Last edited by chandni3; 05-31-2013 at 06:55 AM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote