Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2013, 04:29 AM   #1
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Basically it's Wednesday

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 04:32 AM   #2
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 View Post
Ok sprain with a bone chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 View Post
just bandaged up ice motrin. SHe will call if the radiologist thinks the chip should get further treatment. She doesn't think it will. Work is not happy. Bug party tomorrow that i pretty much planned i have to go in tomorrow to tell them how it is supposed to go. And the doc doesn't want me in the rest of the week. However my replacement is having a colonoscopy friday and took thursday and friday off oh and two people quit/fired last week cause of the drama so i don't know what they are gonna do

Sorry about your ankle. Is the chip loose? My brother did that too when he was about 12....he didn't get the chip taken out straight away. But it kept slicing away inside his ankle and so he had to get it taken out later.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:08 AM   #3
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Morning. I have a scratchy throat that is headed to me loosing my voice...oh joy.

Kari hope you don't have too much pain today. If you do have to be getting up and going talk to them about a boot cast. Made my life so much better to have it when I was healing. Gave the ankle the support it needed and the mobility I needed.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:14 AM   #4
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Happy Birthday Jess
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamacitas. Rough night last night. Somehow I pulled a muscle in my side, and it was so really painful we weren't entirely sure I didn't have something more serious. And I couldn't take anything, because I had just taken ibuprofen for my sinus/ear issues, and it did nothing for the side pain. I wound up sleeping or trying to sleep anyway,with an ice pack. Of course today it feels fine, unless I touch it. So I am trying to take it easy today so I don't aggravate it and make it start hurting again.

Totally second the suggestion of a walking cast Kari. You won't regret it.

I have been reading a lot of Asperger's books and one of the suggestions for a kid that won't sit still at dinner is to put a cushion, or a different cushion if the chair doesn't have one, in the chair. It's a sensory thing. So that is on the agenda for today.

The school is wrapping up G's evaluation and the lead has already called me with docs and centers that will take our insurance. She said it is very likely G needs medical assistance (meds, PT, OT) because her more aggressive reactions appear involuntary, and in her experience kids that have that issue for that reason need to have it addressed early before it gets too hard to control. So getting that set up is on the agenda as well.

Ian is happy as a bug this morning playing with his new action figures. So I am just chilling out for now.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #6
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jess!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks ladies.
Cheryl they have special seats for the kids at school, round discs that have bumps all over them and they wobble a little. One of them also has that long stretchy rubber (like PTs give you for exercise)tied tightly to the front legs of her chair so that when she feels out of control she can push back and forth with that. Apparently resistance and pressure are really helpful.... We do a lot of that when I do OT with a 2nd grader too. Do they do OT at school at all?

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #8
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They do some, but since my insurance in theory will cover it it will be supplemented that way too. So you think I should wait and get a special cushion from the OT? All three kids have trouble sitting still at the table, keep crossing their legs, sitting on knees, touching feet :barf: while eating. They say the chair hurts to sit in for any length of time. Maybe I will just get cheaper cushions for now and replace three with the special one later if it works well for G.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #9
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have broken down and bought a recliner for sleeping with overly congested and/or asthmatic kids. My productivity will be at a new low.

And now Ian wants to teach me how to play the TMNT Wii game from years ago we got from the library. I guess I can indulge him this once.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #10
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Hope your ankle heals quickly, Kari.

Happy birthday Jess!!

Cheryl, I love the idea of a "wiggle" cushion I hope it works out well!

My big plan for the day is school, a little tidying, and getting all the pictures from the camera downloaded. Task #732 before baby comes is to get a homeschool photo book made for each kid. I'd like to do this each year or so since we won't really have "yearbooks," but I love the idea of them having photo memories of our school/life/learning time.

I started to make a photo book and found that the pics on our computer were so stinkin' disorganized it was making me crazy. This is because Jim likes to put pics from the camera into weird files on the desktop labeled things like "camera upload." Such a helpful title! He also likes to not delete them from the camera once they're on the computer, so we end up with 3 and 4 copies of the same pictures when he uploads them again. Oh my. So... it's taken me several days to go through and organize his goofy files/delete duplicate pics. Finally done with that, and now I'm working on clearing out the camera properly.
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote